The Idea

Prompt: In a fit of anger, Zari makes an unforgivable mistakes during an argument with Charlie that leads to the roof of their problem.

"I don't understand what the big deal is, Z! It was for the sake of the mission! It didn't bloody mean anything!" Charlie yells.

"It is a big deal, Charlie, because it didn't have to come to that! If you would have listened to me, we wouldn't have been in that situation. But, news flash, you never do! For goodness sake, what do I have to do to make you listen and respect me? To respect my judgement?" Zari argues.

"I do respect you, Zari. It was a simple mistake, why can't you see pass that? You act like I wanted to kiss that simpleton! Are you that jealous? Get it through your dull-witted head, I love you. Stop being so irrational, Z!" Charlie argues back.

"Damnit, Amaya! Will you just freaking listen to me, please, Maya?!" Zari practically screams in pure unkempt anger.

Charlie freezes and tenses at the name, she turns away from Zari. Zari squeezes her eyes shut tightly and sighs.

"I didn't mean that, Charlie." Zari whispers, combing her hand through her hair in defeat.

"We both know you did. It always comes back to this, doesn't it?" Charlie sighs, tears feeling up her eyes,

"Back to what?" Zari asks.

"I'm not her. I am not Amaya Jiwe. I am Charlie." Charlie snaps, furiously wiping away her tears as she whips around to look at Zari.

"I never said you were." Zari says ready to argue.

"You don't have to. I see it on your face, I see it in your body posture. As soon as I open my mouth or put on an outfit of my choice, it jolts you right back to the moment where you remember I'm not Amaya. That I will never be her." Charlie says.

"It's not like that, Charlie." Zari reasons.

"It's exactly like that, it always has been. I thought we could move past it, that you could move past it. But it's obvious that I will never fill her shoes and I will never be the person you want me to be." Charlie sighs.

"Charlie, don't do this." Zari begs.

"I'm sorry, Zari. But I refuse to compete with someone who isn't even here. I will not stand in her shadow any longer." Charlie says.

Charlie goes to walk away, but Zari grabs her arm in a feeble attempt to stop her from going.

"Charlie, please, I love you." Zari begs and reasons

"No. No, Z, you love the idea of me." Charlie sighs.

With that, Charlie tugs her arm free of Zari and storms off. Leaving Zari alone in the jump ship.

Author's Note: Just a little something for your Friday since the Thea Queen story gets updated on Saturdays. What do you think, team Charlie or Zari on their fight? Also, thinking about going back and forth with updating Speedy and Canary and this book every Friday to give a little something something for the readers? Comment what you think PLEASE!!!