Through Her Heart

Prompt: The way to Zari's heart is through her stomach.

"Zari. It's time to wake up, my love." Amaya whispers in Zari's ear, pressing several soft kisses to her girlfriend's face.

"No. I'm still sleepy." Zari whines, her eyes clamped shut stubbornly.

"What if I told you I had donuts with me?" Amaya questions.

"With sprinkles?" Zari asks, opening one eye to look at Amaya.

"Extra sprinkles." Amaya promises.

"Fine. I'll allow it. But I expect some kisses later." Zari warns as she opens both eyes, sitting up in their bed.

"I wouldn't want in any other way." Amaya sighs happily as she sets the plate of donuts in Zari's hands.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Do I even want to know?" Sara questions as she walks in to see Zari playing a video game furiously with Amaya feeding her sandwich.

"It's the only I could get her to eat." Amaya answers with shrug, using a napkin to carefully wipe the crumbs from Zari's mouth.

"She's the best." Zari mumbles through a mouthful of her sandwich.

"Don't talk with food in your mouth, Z." Amaya scolds, nonetheless pressing a kiss to the corner of Zari's mouth.

"Weirdos." Sara mumbles with a smile as she leaves them be.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Marry me." Zari groans happily as she bites into the still warm chocolate chip cookie.

"Trying to make an honest woman out of me, Zari Tomaz?" Amaya teases.

"Something like that." Zari grins as she smears chocolate across Amaya's cheek.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You can't just cook somebody an entire cake when they're sad, Amaya!" Nate exclaims as he watches her apply icing to now cooled cake.

"And why not, Nathaniel?" Amaya scoffs, her eyes never straying from the cake.

Nate struggles to find the right words, but he gives up. Instead he huffs and crosses his arms over his chest.

"You didn't even bake me a cake on my birthday when we were together." Nate pouts.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"If I didn't just marry you, I'd marry you." Zari groans as she finishes off another slice of her and Amaya's wedding cake.

"The way to your heart, Zari Tomaz, is through you're stomach." Amaya teases.

"No. It's through you, Amaya Jiwe." Zari replies.

Author's Note: vote and comment prompts!