Fall Apart and I'll Just Put The Pieces Back Together

Prompt: from snowdrop74, if you could do a Zari and Amaya story where Mick makes a comment on Zari eating loads and Zari starts getting self conscious about her self but Amaya is there to reassure she's beautiful the way she is

'Jesus! You're such a pig!'

'You could stand to lose a few pounds.'

'I mean, can you even fit through the door at this point?'

'Z, I know it's all-you-can-eat, but chill. You're embarrassing us.'

"What'd you say, Rory?" Zari asks numbly, slowly setting down her bag of potato chips and can of some wild energy drink contraption.

"I said, 'you keep eating so much we'll have to start putting you on a diet'." Mick grumbles, continuing to type on his typewriter.

"Oh." Zari whispers, casting her eyes down.

"Yay, snacks! I was getting hungry." Amaya cheers with a smile, walking into the kitchen and sliding into place next to her girlfriend.

"All yours. I'm not hungry anymore." Zari mumbles, wiping her hands as she stands up and leaves.

"Is everything alright?" Amaya asks Mick once Zari leaves.

"Writing. Can't talk." Mick dismisses, shooing her away.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"Hey, did you fabricate some new clothes? These are gigantic." Amaya questions, holding the large flannel in her hands as she exits their bathroom.

"Um, yeah. Is that a problem?" Zari asks defensively, sitting up in their bed.

"No? I'm confused here, Zari." Amaya says hesitantly.

"Just, stop going through my things. Please." Zari sighs, standing up from their bed and taking the garment from her hands.

"Okay." Amaya says to herself as Zari storms into the bathroom and shuts the door.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"No thanks. I already ate." Zari dismisses as Amaya slides a plate of donuts toward her, pushing it back towards her.

"What, no room for dessert?" Amaya teases with a grin as she tries to slide it over again.

"Damn it, Amaya! I said no!" Zari snaps, slapping the table in anger before walking off.

"What the hell is going on?" Amaya sighs in defeat as she watches her storm off.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You busy?" Amaya asks as she watches Zari do repairs in the jump ship.

"Kind of, yeah." Zari sighs, focusing on her tablet.

"Not now, you're not. We need to talk." Amaya says as she takes the tablet from Zari's hands and holds it behind her back.

"Seriously, Amaya? I need to make repairs." Zari scoffs, holding her hand for the tablet to be returned.

"Yeah, you need to make repairs, alright. To our relationship. What is going on, Zari? It's like I'm walking on eggshells with you." Amaya says.

"Nothing is wrong, Amaya." Zari groans in frustration.

"Really? Everything seems peachy to you? The fact that you've snapped at me on multiple occasions, you'll barely look at me, I can't even touch you without you looking so disgusted. There's nothing wrong with that?" Amaya snaps.

"What do you want me to say?" Zari sighs, falling into the pilot seat in defeat.

"I don't know, Zari. Talk to me, please. Did I do something wrong? Is it me?" Amaya begins to ramble.

"No, no, no. Of course not. This isn't you." Zari nods.

"Then what is it? Baby, please talk to me. I can't go on like this with you." Amaya pleads, kneeling in front of the girl.

"It's me, Maya. I'm the problem. Me and my disgusting body. How could you be with someone like me?" Zari whispers, tears building up in her eyes.

"Z, no." Amaya whispers, taking Zari's hands into hers.

"You're so beautiful and I'm just me. I am me. What could you ever see in me? Look at me!" Zaria says with deflate.

"I am looking at you. I see my beautiful and strong girlfriend. I see someone who is absolutely perfect in my eyes." Amaya reassures.

"Take off the love goggles and get a real look, Amaya." Zari snaps.

"Hey. There's no wool over these eyes. I see you. All you see is your imperfections? That's fine cause I see all your perfections. And trust me when I say, the good outweighs the bad. Don't let people out there tell you who you are in here. They don't know you. Not like I do and not like you do." Amaya smiles as she places a comforting hand over Zari's heart.

"And what if I do? What if I let their words take over?" Zari asks brokenly.

"I'm always gonna be here to tell you otherwise." Amaya says softly.

"Thank you, Amaya." Zari whispers, falling out of the seat and into Amaya's arms.

"Thank you for trusting me." Amaya whispers back, holding her girl so tightly that she'll never fall apart again.

Author's Note: vote and comment some prompts! Never let someone's words bring you down. They don't know shit about you or your story. Also, I'll be gone for like 2 weeks, so send me your prompts now because I'll be posting 2 updates over the weekend so you guys can have them while I'm gone!!!