One and The Same

Prompt: A continuation of both "You're Not Her" and "I'm Not You". Takes place 6 1/2 months later.

"You know, sweetheart, we've been doing this sleepover thing for awhile now. And don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it. But, uh, don't you think it's time we have a conversation?" Charlie ask as she flops down on Zari's bed.

"We're having a conversation right now." Zari deflects, washing her face.

"Got me there, mate. But I mean about, this thing we've got going. Dare I say, relationship?" Charlie chuckles, trying to remain calm.

Zari tenses up and freezes. Zari lets out a deep breath and walks out the bathroom, leaning against the door frame.

"Relationship? Do you mean our friendship, or whatever?" Zari tries to say nonchalant, picking at the bottom of her shirt and refusing to make eye contact.

"I'd like to focus on the 'or whatever' part, chap." Charlie confesses, turning to look at the girl.

Zari's eye widen and she begins to wring her hands together nervously.

"Um, I forgot to, uh, run a diagnostic on Gideon. You know, make sure the system and mechanics are in check. I think I should go do that." Zari stutters out.

"Yeah, of course. Wouldn't want this place in shambles." Charlie sighs, sitting up and moving to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Okay." Zari nods, before literally bolting out the door.

"Bloody hell. What a nutter we've become, Charlie." Charlie whispers to herself, falling back on the bed in defeat.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"Gideon, call Sara. And if Sara doesn't answer, call Ava." Zari sighs, pacing back and forth in the library.

"Yes, Ms. Tomaz." Gideon replies.

"Come on, come on. Pick up, Cap." Zari mumbles to herself nervously.

"Damnit, Z. This better be good." Sara groans as she answers.

"Thank god, Sara. I need help and some advice." Zari says, stopping her pacing.

"Then ask Ray! He's the genius!" Sara huffs.

"Not in this department or we wouldn't be here." Zari groans.

"Zari, what is it? What do you need?" Sara snaps, getting impatient.

"Well, it's about Charlie." Zari answers lowly.

"I hate you." Sara says, once a portal to her and Ava's shared apartment opens, Sara standing there in a random rock&roll shirt with black pajama pants, time courier in hand.

"Yeah, I love you too, Sara." Zari huffs as she walks through.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"Okay, now that you've got some ice cream coursing through you're blood, are you ready to talk?" Sara sighs as she sits on the couch, next to Ava whereas Zari sits across from them huddled in a chair munching on ice cream.

"Mhm. So me and Charlie have been having sleepovers, these last couple months." Zari confesses.

"Sleepovers?!" Sara exclaims, sitting up.

"Relax. Zari, explain." Ava sighs, pulling Sara back into her arms.

"They weren't romantic, it was just for comfort. Everything was fine, great even. And now, Charlie wants to talk about our relationship. And I'm at a lost." Zari explains.

"It's simple. Charlie wants to know where whatever you guys are doing, is leading." Ava shrugs.

"But I don't know! We've never talked about what we want or what these sleepovers mean, we've just done it." Zari exclaims.

"Z, look at me. People will only go so far when they don't know what they're doing, at some point they want to know what's happening. You've had to seen this coming, how long did you think this was going to last?" Sara sighs.

"I don't know. Sara, Ava, I don't know what I want." Zari groans.

"Then tell her that." Ava offers.

"I've been telling her that for over 6 months! She doesn't want to here that anymore! I don't want to hear that either!" Zari exclaims, setting her ice cream carton down on the table in front of her.

"Zari, what are you hiding? What's keeping you stuck here in this rut?" Sara ask carefully.

Zari leans forward in the chair, putting her feet on the ground. She sighs, placing her hands over her face and looks down at her feet.

"There's no judgement here, Zari. We're friends, even family. You can tell us anything and everything." Ava comforts.

"After our battle with Mallus, I was going to ask Amaya to marry me." Zari confesses, looking up at the couple.

They both gasp, pulling away from each other and scooting to the edge of the couch.

"Z, I had no idea." Sara stutters.

"Neither did she. When she pulled us both to the side to tell us she was going back to Zambesi, I decided not to. No one knows except me, you guys, Charlie, and Gideon." Zari sighs.

"Maybe Amaya is holding you back?" Ava offers.

"I'm scared that if I get with Charlie, it'll be for all the wrong reasons. What if I make a mistake and call her Amaya? What if I only feel this way because of the face she wears?" Zari sighs.

"You can't second guess yourself when it comes to love, Z. You just gotta jump and hope that person is there to catch you." Sara sighs.

"And what if I fall? Again?" Zari ask.

"You just get back up and you wait around. Then, you'll jump again. Broken bones and wounds, they heal, Zari. I promise." Ava smiles softly.

"But this is a risk and decision you have to make. Not us." Sara adds.

"Thanks, Cap." Zari smiles.

"No problem. You know what to do now?" Sara ask.

"Yeah, I know what to do." Zari nods.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Good luck, kid." Sara smiles as the portal opens and Zari steps into the library of the Waverider.

"Zari, our door, my door, is always open." Ava adds with a soft smile.

"I know. And thanks, guys." Zari smiles widely, then the portal closes.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Ms. Tomaz?" Gideon calls, right before Zari enters her room where she knows Charlie is still waiting to finish their conversation.

"What's up, Gideon?" Zari sighs, nervous for her talk with Charlie, but confident in the answer in her mind.

"I have Ms. Jiwe on the line for you. She says it's urgent and it's regarding your former relationship." Gideon answers.

"What?" Zari spits out, her answer and logic all tearing to shreds.

"I believe she wants to get back together and come back. Is that not a good thing, Ms. Tomaz?" Gideon ask.

"No. No Gideon, that's not good at all." Zari sighs, now lost in her feelings.

Then the bed to her room opens, revealing Charlie waiting on the bed, both nervous and impatient.

"You're back." Charlie smiles, jumping off the bed and walking towards Zari, who's frozen still in the middle of the door way.

Charlie tries to hold back her smile as she takes Zari's hand into hers, and she looks up at the girl nervously.

"So, are we ready to talk?" Charlie ask.

Author's Note: woahhhhhhhhhh! cliff hanger!!!! I am genuinely stuck on who Zari should end up with. On one hand, Amaya. The other hand, Charlie. Who would you guys pick to be in a relationship with: Charlie or Amaya? Comment your answer and some prompts as well!