Second Guessing

Prompt: Inspired by Florida Georgia Line's "Second Guessing".

Yeah, baby

Blame it on my youth or my rebel roots
Or the corner booths I called home
One foot out the door, always stoppin' short
Just before the fork in the road

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Zari spent her whole life asking questions. Questions about her faith. Questions about her sexuality. Questions about why her own country suddenly turned their back on her and her family. Zari Tomaz always asked questions.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Couldn't jump into the deep end
I was always overthinkin'
Every minute, every hour, every weekend

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

She remembers her first panic attack. Zari remembers how her heart beat fast, the sudden drops off sweat gathering at the back of neck, how her hand shook as she ran it through her hair, the feeling of lungs burning from the lack of oxygen, the way the room spun. Sometimes asking to much questions led to overthinking. And well, overthinking led to this.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Since I met you, I
I ain't spent one second guessin'
I made up my mind
I never knew, I
Just had to find my direction
Gettin' lost in your eyes
Because I've turned days into nights
And spent all of my life askin' questions
Now I don't spend one second guessin'

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Maybe it was because Zari was in danger once again or the fact now some water bitch wanted her dead, but when Amaya Jiwe asked her to come with her, Zari Tomaz found herself making a quick and easy decision. There was no questions that needed to be asked, no guesses to be seconding, no thinking to over think. What should've been a series of complex questions that would lead to Zari rejecting the offer became a simple yes.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/;/:/:/:

You turned on the lights
Opened up my eyes to a world that I'd never seen
I ain't lookin' back
Worried 'bout the past or the future when you're with me
:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You could have the world's most finest and complex meal, but it's always a bran muffin for you. Why?" Zari questions as she sits next to Amaya with a plate of pancakes in her hands, watching her split said muffin in half.

"I don't know." Amaya shrugs.

"You don't know? How do you not know?" Zari asks.

"I don't. When I first arrived, I tried something new every day. Meals from all over the world, from all over the time line. I guess one day, something changed." Amaya answers, breaking off a piece of bran muffin and nibbling on it.

"You never questioned it?" Zari pushes.

"No. Never really thought of it either until you asked." Amaya says.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Now I'm swimmin' in the deep end
Ain't no need for overthinkin'
Girl, you've givin' life a brand new kind of meanin'

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Breakfast?" Zari offers with a grin as she returns from the galley and enters Amaya's quarters, one hand holding a plate of pancakes and the other holding a bran muffin.

Amaya sits up in bed with a smile and pulls back the blankets off her bed, patting the spot next to her. Zari smiles and sits.

"About last night, Zari-." Amaya begins to say.

"Maybe we don't have to question that. I mean if that's okay with you?" Zari cuts her off nervously, pushing the plate of pancakes into Amaya's hands as she herselfs begins to munch on the bran muffin.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Since I met you, I
I ain't spent one second guessin'
I've made up my mind
I never knew I
Just had to find my direction
Gettin' lost in your eyes
Because I've turned days into nights
And spent all of my life askin' questions
Now I don't spend one second guessin' (I don't spend one second)
Oh, yeah, one second guessin', yeah (I don't spend one second)

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Marry me." Zari blurts out as the team gets their bearings in the giant crater they've made from destroying Mallus.

The team's chatter of their crazy battle against Mallus falls silent and all eyes fall on the couple.

"What?" Amaya spits out, eyes wide as she waves the blue and white fuzz from around her.

Zari takes a deep breath and softly takes Amaya's hand into hers. She kneels down on one knee and pulls her cowboy hat off.

"Amaya Jiwe, will you marry me?" Zari asks strongly, no hesitation in her voice.

"Yes. Of course I'll marry you, Z." Amaya answers with a wide smile.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Since I met you I
I always knew right where I'm headed
No doubt in my mind (Doubt in my mind)
I never knew I
Just had to find my direction
Gettin' lost in your eyes (Lost in your eyes)
Because I've turned days into nights
And spent all of my life askin' questions
Now I don't spend one second guessin' (I don't spend one second)
I don't spend one second guessin' (I don't spend one second)
One second guessin'

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"So, if I had to wrap up these long winded vows about my obsession with knowing and the story of our love, I'd say this, Amaya. I've questioned a lot of things in my life. I've overthought every decision I've ever made. I have panicked over every single detail in my life. But never once did I question you. I never overthought about our relationship. Never did I panic about if you loved me. I just knew. I was never sure of anything until I met you. Amaya Jiwe, I will never spend one second guessing when it comes to you. You're all I've ever been sure of." Zari concludes.

Author's Note: I love this song, I love this ship, and I love this story I wrote. Please comment and tell me what you thought. I hope you guys loved it as much I did.