Abe😒39

Chapter 39

It was the day to take that man for his surgery. Hopefully, he is able to talk again. I'd be relieved.

I went to his room. I'm sure he would be ready. I knocked and entered.
Are you ready to leave now? I asked and he nodded.

He put on his blazer and walked out with me. As we got downstairs, he stopped and brought out his pen and book.

He scribbled something in it and gave it to me. I sighed and collected it from him. I looked at it. It read:

Have you had anything this morning? You've been looking down lately.

I shook my head saying no. I haven't had anything this morning. I said simply.

He wanted to write again but I stopped him. I know you want to ask why. Nothing. I just don't want to have anything. I'm not hungry. I said plainly.

He nodded and then brought out the pen and book again. I rubbed my temple in frustration.

What again? I sighed. He handed over book to me and it read:

"Please have something before leaving. You might have to spend longer there, you can't tell. At least have this sandwich here."

I sighed and looked over to him. He was holding a sandwich. I gave him back the book and collected the sandwich trying to smile. Then, we walked out.

Sir, hospital right? James asked.
Never mind. Go rest today. I'll drive there myself. I said to him.

Why? Is anything wrong? He asked.
Just go. I want to go myself. It's been long you've had rest. I said and he nodded.

Okay sir. You can call me when you need me. He said and left. I entered and drove off with the man.

I'd ask him what his name is when he's able to talk. We soon got to the hospital and I parked it at the parking lot.

We got off the car and walked inside. I went to the doctor's office straight. I knocked and he opened the door immediately.

Oh. Sir, you're early. How're you doing? He asked smiling.

I'm good. Were you about to go somewhere? I asked him.

Yes. I'm still getting prepared for the surgery. He said and I nodded.

Would you just sit here till I return? I'll be back to get you. He said and I nodded.

And.... how're you sir? He asked the man and he brought out out pen. No. Its okay. I know you want to say I'm fine, how 'bout you? I'm also good.

He chuckled, stopping him from bringing out his pen and book. I just smiled and sat likewise the man. Then the doctor left the office.

I stood there waiting for his arrival just on my phone checking tweets and texts. Soon, he came back.

Mr. Hurtado, I think its time to take him for the surgery. Doc Paul said and I stood up.

Alright. I'll be waiting outside. I said and he nodded.

He took the man along with him. Soon, I saw the nurses taking him to the theatre room. I sighed and waited outside.

This day would be one long one. I sighed. I waited outside for him until I got a call. I looked at my phone.

It was Ryder. I sighed and then, picked it reluctantly.

Hey bruh. He said. Hey. What do you want now? I asked bored.

Where are you? He asked. At home. In my room. I lied.

Alright. It okay. You can stop lying to me now cos I'm in your study sipping red wine.

So where are you? His voice changed but that didn't bother me at all. I'm at the hospital. I revealed.

Why? For? You didn't tell me anything. He said.

When did I start telling you anything? I raised an eyebrow and he laughed.
Fine then, just answer. Why are you there? He asked. Feel like hanging out with Paul. I said.

What the..... The heck??! He yelled.
Yeah I'm bored and he's better than your entire family. I said plainly.
I'm not so surprised you're acting this way. He sighed.

Cos you're worse? I asked. C'mon. I know you're not there to hang out. Who goes to the hospital to hang out? You don't want to see my other side. He threatened.

I've seen all your sides. If you have a new one, I'd love to see it. I muttered and I could hear him heave a heavy sigh.

Just tell me where you are. He said. I'm at the hospital trying to make up with Paul's niece. She's better than your sis. I said to him.

Ugh. I know you won't do that. He said. You don't know me so you can't conclude. I replied sternly.

You up for revenge? He asked. What revenge? I asked. High school days? He asked.

Only weak people revenge. I smirked. So why did you kill Maddox? Wasn't it revenge? He laughed.

Drop it. It wasn't. It was necessary. It was a game and that's the award for loosing. I said.

Won't I get my award? He laughed.
We never played any game. So you don't get any award. By the way, I'm not up for any game if that's where you're heading. I said.

You're too weak huh? He grinned. Ya think? I said. I know. He said. Imma act like I didn't hear that. I said. Show me what you gat. He said. No use. Show off is for the less privileged. I said.

C'mon. Was just trying to pull your legs. He laughed through the phone. Well, you didn't succeed. I said.

Your shawty wants you back. He said suddenly and I stopped breathing for a sec. No is an answer. I said.

Unfortunately, she doesn't accept no as an answer. He said. Neither do I repeat words. I shot him.

Alright. Alright. Come home soon. I know you are at the hospital for a reason. Hurry I'm waiting. He said. I'm having a sleepover. I'm staying at Pauls for two weeks so go back home. I said straightforward.

Alright. I'll be at your place for two weeks too. When you return, I'll be at your place. He said and hung up.
He's such a problem. I sighed. He knew I was lying all along. Ugh. Then, a nurse came to me.

Excuse me sir, would you just wait here for five hours? It'd take hours sir and he'll still have to stay for like a week or less. We can't say. He'll take sedatives to make him sleep. She said.
Oh. Silly me! I thought I'll stand here like its just for 30 minutes. Ugh.

Thanks. I'll probably leave and come back. Inform Doc. Paul to call me when he's done. I said to her.

Sure. Anytime. She smiled and left. Then I walked out.