Abe😒4

Chapter 4

"Where is James?" I queried the driver.

James was my driver but a different driver had come to pick me from work.

"He was weak sir. I'm sorry sir. Madam Soraya sent me to pick you from work. She said James is with her sir." He bowed.

I entered the car and he drove off.

I was tired after the day's work. The driver was driving fast but we've still not gotten home.

I wondered why. I looked out and realized he was heading another way.

"Hey. No dirty plans here. Take me home is the order. I can take your life in a second." I threatened.

"I'm sorry sir. This is where madam told me to bring you." He replied me trembling.

I looked out once more and sighed.

He finally got there and he stopped the car. He opened the door and I came out.

The gate man opened the door and bowed. I entered the compound.

It was a large mansion painted cream and blue with a golden gate. There was a pool just at one of the sides. The compound was decorated and a green garden was at a corner, not bad. I found nothing so beautiful in it to admire.

I entered with two bouncers at the door and another was behind me as he led me in.

I entered only to find a whole lotta people around. The ones I knew and those I don't.

I felt awkward as all eyes were set on me as I entered.

I shrugged off the feeling and walked past them. I went to my uncle's wife.

"At least greet." And old woman said smiling and I rolled my eyes.

Then, I muttered my greetings and she nodded in satisfaction.

"What am I doing here?" I questioned.

"Shh! Don't make a scene here." My Uncle's wife murmured giving me a serious look.

"Now, get a sit." She instructed and I waved her off. She glared at me but I ignored.

"Here's our bride." Someone teased and I shot my head up.

That was when the reason behind me being  here hit me.

I was going to get married!

I rubbed my temple continuously. That's not happening. I took a sit beside someone I didn't know.

"That's your wife. Loosen up and smile a little. She's really beautiful and you're a handsome man." Someone teased by my right and i ignored her.

I wanted to look at her but I decided against it. She was probably going to be staring at me too. So, I shook off the urge.

I looked down, pressing my phone. Then, she sat next to me. I could sense that duhh! Didn't want to look up yet.

The urge of wanting to see her overshadowed me and I shot my head up just once to take a look.

Our eyes met and the memory of the day I lost granny came back.

She was the girl I hit. She was the one who tried to teach me respect and how to act.

I see.

Who does she think she is? My teacher or my mom? Does she think she can talk and I'll keep mute or she'll could teach me how to act like a real man like she had said.