Abe😒29

Chapter 29

It was 9:30 already. I went to Lexi's room and knocked.

Are you done yet? I asked. Yeah ... sorta. I'll be down in a sec. She said and I went downstairs. James was already waiting for me.

He collected my bag and took it into the car. He opened the door and I sat. Just then, Lexi came almost running. Just in time. I sighed.

James opened the door and she smiled in appreciation. I rolled my eyes and she sat. The whole time James was driving, the car was as silent as a graveyard.

I didn't bother to talk. We got there quite soon. Not too far away though. We got off the car and got our bags.

Sir, I'm Jake. I'll be there one to direct you to your room and if you need anything, you can call on me. A tall brown haired guy said collecting I and Lexi's stuffs and I nodded.

We followed him inside and he took us upstairs. It was Room 35. Thank god it wasn't too far. He took us in. Sir, you can call when you need anything. He bowed and left.

I just dropped my stuffs. I and Lexi would have to share one bed. What a horrible idea! I'm pretty sure she'd be thinking the same presently.

Just stay close to me. You don't know anyone here and you have to be careful. This place could be quite dangerous. Well, uncle aunt and Maddox would be here too.

If you don't want to stay with me then stay with any of them. I said dryly without even looking at her and stood up. Come, gotta introduce you to the rest. I said and she followed me.

She stood by my side as well got down I sighted Mr. Williams and my other business partners. I was about to walk over when I got a phone call.

It was from my uncle. I picked it. Are you there already? He asked. Yeah. I replied. Alright. I'll be there soon. He said and I disconnected the call.

I walked over to Mr. Williams with Lexi by my side. Hey! Welcome Mr. Junaid. How're you? I'm so glad you made it here on time. He said smiling. Sure. I'm good. I replied him.

Erm...this is my wife, Mrs. Hurtado. I told them and they smiled. You have a pretty good looking wife Mr. Hurtado. Mr. Schneider, one of my business partners said and I nodded trying to smile.

You brought her. You'll have a great family. Mr. Williams said. Thank you sir. I replied. Welcome Mrs. Hurtado. We're pleased to have you here. He said.

Thank you sir. I'm also pleased to be here. She smiled and he nodded. Okay. So, where is your brother? He asked. Uhm..he should be here soon. I said bored.

What of your uncle and his wife? He asked. They'd be here any moment. I said and he nodded. Oh. Hey. You said the correct thing. They're here. Mr. Johnson, another partner said and I turned.

My uncle and his wife smiling walked over to us and shook hands. You made it in time. We we're just asking Mr. Hurtado about you. Mr. Schneider said and my uncle nodded.

Go drop your stuffs. The meeting would soon start. Mr. Williams said. Oh. I forgot to tell you. Your wife would also give suggestions and participate in the meeting. She's apparently not just here to get introduced. Mr. Williams smiled and I nodded.

Okay sir. I said and walked away with Lexi. Thank goodness Lexi is literate. I sighed.

************************************ Sir, I never knew your wife was so smart. Adonis said. How'd you know when you've probably seen her just once or twice? I tried to smile and he laughed.

Mr. Johnson then came to me. Sir, I heard you have a personal assistant space is vacant. He said. Yes. Darby died. I stuttered rubbing my temple.

I'm sorry for that but I think there is someone who can fill up the space. He said. Who? I asked. Your wife. She's really smart and witty. He said suddenly.

What?! Erm...I mean sure. I'll think about it. I tried to smile and walked away. Of all people, Lexi. Nope. Its a no. How would she even follow my rules? She'll go against everything there and I won't be able to tolerate her.

Hello brother. Someone said and I turned. It was Maddox smiling. He gestured to hug Lexi but she hesitated.

Oh. I forgot your husband could be a little possessive when it comes to his wife. I'll just have a handshake. He smiled and took her hands. I yanked it off him and put Lexi pbehind me holding her fiercely.

The next time you ever touch her, I promise you, you'll die! I threatened. Is that meant to be a threat? He laughed. If that's what you call it, then yes. I replied.

I turned to Lexi and told her go to aunt. She hesitated and I glared at her. Then, she left.

Brother, why are you acting like this? You know she does not want you. Its me she wants. So, what's your problem? He smiled punching me playfully.

Don't let's create a scene here cos I won't mind. I'll kill you on the spot. I said between my teeth. Mr, your life is already a scene, you don't know what is going on. He said smiling.

Unfortunately, I do. I'm aware of your plans. You killed Darby and spoilt my reputation in front of Lexk by accusing me of killing him and beating me up. I gritted.

Oh. Well, that's even if you had any reputation. I only did what she knows you can do. She was only surprised cos she didn't expect you to do it to someone who's always helped you. He smiled.

What is your problem?! Why did you have to kill him?! Did he offend you?! You guys are friends! I yelled as I pulled him to an empty space so no one gets to hear.

You're not smart. If you think deep you'll know why I did that. He said no longer smiling. Why can't you just go straight to the point and kill me?! I yelled angrily.

That's the problem. I can't just do that. I just need you to suffer for long before taking your life. Darby is your first priority in this life. He smiled.

And the next is Lexi. He added. Well, she's not. She's yours. I said. As if! He laughed. You know all I want is to get to you. I'm not interested in her. That sucks. How'd I be interested in my brother's wife?!  He laughed.

I always knew that. She's not even among those who are prior to me. I said to save her.

I know you better than you know yourself brother. You don't just act out. I know you really want her like deep inside you but she rejects you all the time. That's why you just backed out for the mean time. I know you'll still try your failure to get to her. He smiled.

Do not think of touching her! I warned. You see. You're just tired of arguing hun? He laughed again. Look. You gat problem, ya know? I said.

Yeah...my only problem is with your existence! Don't you get that?! He yelled now.

Right but exactly why you want is what I don't understand yet. You've gat everything you always wanted since you were young. You were favored over me though I was the real son. I've done nothing to you.

That, I remember and you're the most useless person ever! You still don't have any work now. Father transferred all his properties to me also mum.

I always took the first place in school and you always took the last. You were so uncultured and irresponsible. All you want is money and you're a cheat! I hollered.

Alright. You're tryna prove how responsible you are right? That's what you don't know. You say you've never done anything to me but all the business stuff I was meant to get, you did. Isn't that a good reason for me to bury you alive? He said angry.

For heaven's sake! You're an illegitimate son! I'm the real one. By the way, its your irresponsibility brought you here. You can't blame me for working hard. Remember you've always tried to get rid of me. You know you've never succeeded. I don't know what your problem is by trying vainly. You'll never get anything sucker. I smiled.

You just drew the line between us. I'll treat you badly. Trust me. He said threatening me. You've always did. I smiled.

I don't argue with people like you or try to prove myself. Its such a waste of time. All you've got is mouth. You're a loser. Periodtt. I laughed and walked away.

You've done it again! He growled but I ignored. Let's see what he's up to next. That's if he's alive before then. I smiled.