Abe😒3

Chapter 3

It was my granny's burial.

I didn't want to attend but I had to say my last goodbye. I wasn't going to wait till the end of the burial.

The dirge to be presented before everyone was written by me. I dressed casually and left home.

I drove to the venue and I went to the room she was. She had been bathed and was all wrapped in white.

I sat next to dead body and found her hands.

"Granny, I know you are not living but you can hear me. You said you'll always be here. You were not meant to leave now.This is the worst timing. I still need you. I know even if I keep talking till tomorrow, you won't move a finger. You've always stood with me. I came here for my last farewell. One thing I know is that the word "goodbye" is the most hurtful word ever originated. I know I've been a tyrant, I've not been the Abe you knew years back. My ego cannot be too big till the extent that I'll loose my life and walk away just like that.You are my life granny. The one who's always held me back when I wanted to strangle anyone or ruin everything.
The one who's shoulder is well padded for me to cry on and the only one who can turn my aggression to pure tears and puts a smile on my face. I'm very sorry to have caused you a little pain in your heart. I'll fulfill the promise I made to you.I'll take care of the woman who'd be sleeping next door and would be regarded as my wife. I know you'll stay here for me. You'll always be here. I'll never forget you. I said to her in pain."

A tear got out and I wiped it off immediately. I placed my head on her hand and kissed it softly.

My only family was gone.

Once again, I was left to face the cruelty of the world.

I felt hand on my shoulder and I turned.

It was my uncle's wife.

The soberness in my eyes disappeared and the anger returned.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"I'm so sorry Abe. I never knew this could hurt you this bad." She said.

"What trouble have you planned now? What are you up to this time?" I snapped.

"You can't keep acting like you don't care. You love her. Its okay, we're here. We're still your family." She said and my eyes widened at her as she uttered the word family.

"Family my foot!" I spat and left.

I entered my car and left the venue immediately.

I'm all alone.

I drove straight to my private apartment.

It was located in a secreted area with matured trees all over. There was a long narrow path leading to my apartment.

I drove in and stopped the car. The guards bowed and I walked past them.

I entered my room there and laid flat on it. Darby, my friend came around and stared at me for a while.

"Your granny's death?" He asked knowing he was right so, I didn't reply.

He then sat next to me.

At least I could call Darby a friend. He's been with me for years and hasn't betrayed me.

"Abe, its okay. Just stay calm. She promised she'll always be with you. She' d never break her promise. She'll always be in your heart. You don't have to be depressed." Darby consoled.

"You don't understand how that feels. She's my only family." I said.

"You said it earlier on that she'll always be in your heart. It's all up to you now whether to allow them weigh you down or show them your true self. It's okay. Just forget about it.It has happened. You can't go back in time to stop it." Darby.

I slept there and never returned for a week.

Heya 🤗

This chapter was a bit short 😃

Apologies 🙏 😁

The shortness is credited to laziness 😂

Pls don't forget to vote for me 🙂

And comment ✌️

Xoxo 😚