Lexi💕23

Chapter 23

I just had dinner and headed upstairs to my room. I've been free of Abe's trouble lately since he's not even around and anytime he comes, he's always fuming.

Darby has been around....duh..why won't he? I also had Scarlett and Nicolette around with me. After having a quick shower, I changed into my nightwear and went to bed.

I was almost fast asleep when I heard a noise. I wondered what that was. Just then, my door flung open and Abe came to my view. I gasped.

What is he doing?! Uh. Abe?! I almost screamed. What's wrong with you? What are you doing here? I asked but no reply.

He staggered backwards and forward continuously. He eyes were red. He removed his blazer and threw it at me. I looked at him puzzled.

What does he want now? He didn't even listen to me. He must be drunk... and angry. I can see that. What's up with him now? He removed his shoes and flung them across the bathroom.

He then walked wobbly towards me and I moved backwards in fear. He was probably going to kill me. God knows what could've happened to him.

Don't move anywhere near. I tried to sound like I was threatening him but he barely even noticed I just talked.

He came closer and pushed me making me fall on the bed....

************************************ I woke up the next morning and I yawned lazily. The house was still very silent and unruffled. My room was in a mess!

Then, everything that happened came to my head. It was Abe! Ugh. I wonder where he is now. I sighed frustrated and put on my clothes.

Then, I cleared up the mess and had my bath. I dressed up after then and prayed. Then, I went down to check for Abe but I didn't find him. I saw Scarlett and called her.

Do you know where Abe is? I asked. No. Are you okay? She asked and I smiled. Yeah thanks. I replied and left. I heard a loud noise outside and followed the direction of the noise.

Then, I got to the garage and met a very angry Maddox and a weak and seriously injured Abe.

Abe😒
I went to the garden to check for James. I thought he was going to be here but guess I thought wrong.

I still didn't have everything in my head straight. I was confused and damn weak...also sad about Darby's death not angry...at least not now.

Just then, someone pulled me to the garage and I turned. It was Maddox. What? I managed to ask. He gave me a hard punch on my nose. Why would you ask me what?! He yelled and I staggered backwards.

He punched me continuously till I started to bleed. Just then, someone screamed and I looked. It was Lexi. What was she doing here? Maddox pushed me aggressively and I fell on different mechanical materials making them crash on me.

You demon! You killed Darby! What did he do to you?! He's always helped you all his life! And all you can do is to kill him in return?! I promise you'd pay for this! I promise you, I'll kill you the way you killed him! I promise you! If he's of no use in your life, he is in my own life! He snarled and pulled me up.

He beat me up. He used metal tools to hit me and I got injured badly. Maddox, let him go. I heard a faint voice scream but I couldn't know what really happening at that time.

All I know is Maddox would probably kill me soon and I know I deserve it cos I failed to protect Darby. I couldn't fight back.

I was weak to the fullest and would soon get unconscious. Something real hard hit my head with full force and I blacked out.

************************************I woke up and the environment I was was so different. I looked round and found out I was in the hospital.

What?! Who brought me here? Then, a sharp pain hit my head and I groaned. Then, I remembered what Maddox did. I promise I'll find Lucas and kill him.

Oh. You're awake. Someone said and I looked up. It was the doctor. The same one who told me Darby was drugged. Doctor, what happened? I asked.

You were unconscious and badly injured so, I helped patch them up and here you are, awake. He said smiling. That's not the reply I was expecting anyways. I muttered.

What did you say? He asked. Its nothing. I replied and he nodded. Erm...don't you have any family? He asked and I was shocked. I mean..why isn't any of your family here? He corrected though it made no difference.

I don't have a family anyways. Who brought me here then? I asked him. It was a man. He's quite old. He replied. Isn't he my family? I asked. I don't know but I doubt it. He said. Can I meet him? I asked.

Sure. I'll call him now. He'll come to see you now. He said. Thanks. I said. Have you found who gave your friend rohypnol? He asked.

Actually nope really. But I'm still on it. Thanks. I said. At least I got cared for. I shrugged. I'll go call the man for you. Erm...and he has paid your bills. He did everything. He said.

What?! He's paid my bills?! I was surprised. Yep. He replied. Okay, can you describe the car he brought and the driver? I requested.

He took a cab here. He said. Cab?! I asked. Yes. The driver helped him get you inside then, I saw you and told some other nurses to come get you. Just let me go call him. He said and I nodded.

Then, he left. After sometimes I felt cold hands on my leg. I turned to see. It was the man and a nurse was behind him. I was surprised. My mouth fell open. Its you! Oh god! It's you! I almost yelled.

Don't stress yourself too much. You're not too good. The nurse said. So, this is him. He was the one to bring you here. The doctor said. Its him! Gosh!