Abe😒1

Chapter 1

"The meeting is in twenty minutes sir." Mack, one of my servants said as I dropped a glass cup of water by my side and I sighed.

I hated any sort of family meeting or reunion. I've always been the subject of matter all the time. I've always had to leave between the meeting cos I'm always insulted, scolded or even cursed.

I wonder what this would be about.

I drank the cup of water and stood up.

"Get the driver. I'll be there in a few." I said.

"Yes sir." He bowed and left.

I drank the cup of water and changed into a casual cloth. I went down and entered the car.

I got to my uncle's house, where the family meeting is usually held.

I entered and saw the rest of them gathered at the dining. I found myself a seat and sat.

"How're you?" My uncle asked.

Few of them asked questions about my well being but I waved off their questions.

Some maids came around to serve until the plates were filled. I shifted the plate of food placed in front of me and and stared at the rest.

They ate till their fill and also discussed randomly about stuffs while I glared at them in disgust.

"As you all know, my main motive for this meeting is Abe's marriage."My uncle announced and I shot my head up.

Others made side comments agreeing to what he said.

"Abe, I think its high time you get married." My uncle told me.

"I'm not getting married!" I growled and they all kept mute.

"I'm sorry but your opinion doesn't count here. You have failed to do the right thing. So, we'd do it for you." My uncle's wife said sternly and I rolled my eyes at her.

"You can't be a loner all your life. Abe, you need someone in your life." My granny said.

"I've got myself. I'm here. I need no one, just let me be!" I yelled in frustration.

"You're our family man! You don't decide what we do here!" My uncle said.

"Well unfortunately, I do! Since its my life, I've got all the right to decide what I want to do with it! If I want to destroy it, I would! Why is it always me you pick on?!" I screamed in apparent anger and pain.

"Say whatever you want. If you don't get a partner, we would get for you!" My uncle's wife said.

"I'm never getting married and that's it!" I slammed the table and walked out of the house.

Such gross family!

"Drive me home." I ordered entering the car and James, my driver drove off.

I got home and the gate was opened. The men bowed and I stormed in.

I went up to my room immediately and smashed the cup I used to drink water earlier on. I scattered stuffs and destroyed a lot.

I grabbed bottles of wine and gulped them down desperately breaking each bottle I gulp.

There was no one to care though I wish there was. I always wished I could be myself again and smile the way I used to.

I have no family except granny. I always reminded myself of this.

Just then, I heard a knock.

"Whoever that is, I don't give a damn! Just get the hell outta there!" I yelled.

Then, the door flung open.

The hell! Who the hell is that?!

My granny then came to view and I sighed.

"When will you stop doing all these?!" She scolded me but I kept mute.

She looked at me and grabbed the bottle I was drinking.

"Never would you do this again, okay?" She said sternly.

She picked the broken pieces of bottle that was quite visible and trashed them. She started clearing up the room and I stood up.

"Stop it granny. I'll call Jessica to clean it up." I said really holding her hands.

"No. Don't call anyone." She replied yanking her hands away from me.

"Fine then, I'll do it myself. Since I did it, I should clear it up right?" I said and walked her to my bed where she sat.

I picked the other pieces and trashed them. I arranged the room back in order.

"Come here son." Granny said gesturing for me to sit next to her.

I sat by her and sighed.

"Look at me." She demanded and I looked into her eyes with my red, puffy eyes filled with anger and frustration .

"Why are you doing this to yourself? You can't keep living this way. The last time I saw your face lit up, I was a pretty, young and agile woman. That was years back son. Why? You need someone who'd lit up your world and bring back the happiness you always longed for". She said.

"That's what y'all don't get granny. There's no one who's capable of doing that. I've got you granny. I've got myself too. Don't bother getting me married cos I'll destroy the woman!" I yelled.

"You're confused son. My days are counted. I've got limited time to spend here. You need someone who'd make you happy." She said.

"No granny. Don't say that. You're my only family. I've got no one left." I complained.

"Then if you think I'm your only family, why don't you create one?" She queried.

"I'm not ready granny. I can't handle a woman now. I can't be facing problems and getting married. That's double trouble." I said.

"Think about it." She said patting my shoulders. I sighed and laid on my bed.

I'm never getting married no matter what they say! I finalized in my head and drifted off to sleep.

Hey y'all 👋

First chapter 🥂

Rate it. 👉 🥇 🥈 🥉

Abe is suffering 😭.... I already love him 😍.... coz he's sad 😢

Lol.

Anyways, pls vote for me 🙏

And comment ☺️

Xoxo 😚