Abe😒28

Chapter 28

Its a really bad idea to bring along Lexi to the meeting but I've got no other choice.

The meeting has to hold tomorrow night. My opinion doesn't count in it. I went home to meet the same annoying family I met some days ago when they realised she's pregnant. I walked past them and my uncle dragged me back.

Why cant you at least ask what's up? He yelled. Cos I know its something dumb. I shot him. Well, it's not. Go to Lexi's room and go find out what happened. He instructed and I walked away.

I got to her room and a nurse blocked me. I'm sorry. No one can enter now. She said. I was told to come check on her. I just came home. I replied simply. Oh. Are you her husband? She asked. Erm... yes. I stuttered.

No problem then. Enter. She said and I went in. She was just lying on the bed, her back facing me. I went back to the nurse. What's wrong with her? I asked panicking but I tried to hide it.

I'm sorry sir but she lost her child. She revealed and I almost lost my balance. What? Why? What happened? I asked.

I didn't have to tell them I wanted the child. I only reacted that way cos I just lost my only friend. Besides, Lexi doesn't appreciate my presence. She hates me and....I don't just know.

I couldn't be so romantic and act so happy at that moment. I could not think fast. Deep inside, I was happy. I mean Lexi made me happy but she spoilt it after she accused me of killing Darby.

She's meant to know I can't. How foolish of her to think I'll kill him. Ugh. She takes pain killers and avocado. Also stress. I'm sorry sir. That is the cause. She said and I went to Lexi.

Didn't you know you weren't meant to take pain killers and avocado when you're pregnant? I asked. Why do you care? You never wanted the baby after all. So what's up with you now? She rolled her eyes and turned away from me.

Only if she could understand. I sighed. I stood up and went to the nurse. Is she going to be fine? I asked.

Sure. She'll be fine but she's really sad. You'll have to make sure she's okay and forgets about that cos if she thinks or worries too much, she could get hypertension. She said.

No problem. Just please take care of her. I said. I'll be leaving. She's okay. Just rest. She said and I nodded. I left the room to mine.

Goddess!! Why did this happen? Nothing in this life has ever been in my favor! Why is it always me? I thought I would get a son/ daughter to put a smile on my face.

I already promised myself nothing like what happened to me while growing up would happen to the baby.

I also wanted to apologize to Lexi even if it was the most difficult thing cos she'd still hurt me as long as Maddox is alive.

She'll probably tell the child her dad is Maddox. Ugh. I slept off with these horrible thoughts on my mind.

************************************I woke up and stretched. It was evening. I went out and saw Lexi sitted all by herself.

She's probably regretting everything since she met me and thinking of the baby she's just lost. Its my fault.

If I had shown her love and care, the baby would still be healthy. A drop of water fell from my eyes and I cleaned it immediately.

I went over to her and stood next to her but she turned her back to me. I sighed. I'm sorry. I finally said.

I didn't act like I cared cos I was facing a hard time and you know that. I was really pissed at that moment I got home. I wouldn't have come home when I was pissed if I knew this was going to happen. I said looking down.

Then she turned to me with tears in her eyes. So you're tryna tell me you cared all along. You know you've never acted like we were married.

Remember you told me we weren't couples and if we were, you would've acted like we were. So, this makes no difference. I always wanted a baby, yes. But not like this.

Even at that, I thought you would appreciate the baby and at least change your rude behavior towards me but you acted even worse. I promised myself I would take care of the baby even if you paid no attention.

If at all you were going through hard times, you should know how to take care of it without affecting anyone. If you were like this, I would've accepted you a long time ago other than falling for your brother! She yelled tears coming out non stop.

Look. I'm sorry. I know everything is my fault. Just forgive me. I pleaded avoiding eye contact with her. I felt her hands on my face and I shot my head up.

You're crying. She muttered. It was then I realized I was crying. I cleaned my face. Never mind about it. I came here to ask you to do me a favor. I said quickly.

What? She asked. I need you to follow me to my meeting tomorrow night. If you don't come along, I might end up loosing my contract and it means a lot to me please. I said.

Alright what time? She asked. Uhm...it starts 10. I don't know when it'll end but we're spending the night there. I said. Please get ready. I added calmly.

Yes. I would she said lowly and I left to my room. I went to bury myself in the pillow. Life is the worst experience ever. Its the worst thing.

Nothing has never been in my favor. Ever since I was born.

I sighed and stood with the pillow over my head.