Lexi💕9

Chapter 9

It was breezy and cool outside. I just had a light breakfast.

Things hasn't be too bad with grumpy.

He's nice at times and so mean and heartless at times. He's just so confusing.

I prefer Maddox. He's so caring and loving. He spoils me a lot and I like that.

I doubt if grumpy is capable of loving really.

I've been able to tolerate him at least. I dressed up in grey joggers and a white sweat shirt.

You must be wondering why white always? White and blue are my favorite colors.

I put on a white and grey ankle pair of socks after packing my hair into a neat pony tail.

I wanted to go to the garden just to have fresh air. Just then, my phone rang and I sighed.

It was my aunt. I picked it.

"Hello Lexi." She said, her voice cracking.

"Yes?" I tensed up.

"Look ... look .... your..." She stuttered in tears.

"You're crying? What's wrong?" I asked getting scared.

"Your...g ..your....."she cried.

"Look, calm down and talk. Everything is okay." I assured her.

"Your granny is dead and your mom fainted. They're both in hospital now." She finally said.

"Look, please don't come now. This is not a good timing. Come later. I just called you inform you." She revealed and I dropped my phone causing the screen to break.

************************************

Abe😒

I heard something crash from either Lexi's room or the other room next door.

I stood up to go check what it was. Just then, I got a call from her dad.

It was quite unusual though. I picked it still.

"Hello Abe. Are you there?" He sounded so urgent.

"Yes." I replied bored.

"Please, go to Lexi's room now. Her aunt just called her and told her her granny's dead and her mom fainted. Her granny means a lot to her probably more than her mother cos she raised her before finding her mom. She's down now. Make sure she doesn't come now. It'll make things worse. She'd probably get a stroke. Please just stay with her and make sure she's okay." He quickly said.

"Yes. I'll go. I'm sorry for everything."I replied.

"It's fine". He said and ended the call.

I hurriedly went to her room. I knocked but no response.

I knocked again.

"Lexi please open up." I pleaded but no response.

I just tried opening and I realized it wasn't locked.

I entered and saw her phone on the floor, she must've thrown it after she heard the news and I met her on the floor.

I went to her and sat by her.

"Lexi, are you okay?" I whispered but she didn't move.

"I'm here okay. Nothing would happen. Now, open your eyes." I said but no response.

I started to panic. I carried her in a bridal style and dropped her on her bed. I called Darby immediately.

"Hey, please call the doctor now. Tell him to come right now." I ordered.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"If everything is okay, I wouldn't have to call you." I snapped and ended the call.

I sat by her.

"Lexi, please wake up. Everything will be okay." I pleaded but she didn't move.

Her heart was still beating tho.

Soon, the doctor arrived.

************************************

"She's okay sir. She's worrying over something. She needs rest and to stop worrying." The doctor said and left.

I looked over to Lexi who was still  asleep. I walked over to her and sat by her.

Its not so easy to loose your granny mostly when she means a lot to you, I know

I heard her sniffing. I knew she was awake and crying. I sighed and turned to her.

"Lexi, please stop crying." I pleaded.

"You don't know how it feels grumpy." She sobbed.

What the hell?! She's crying and still calling me grumpy?! Gosh! She has to stop it.

Seriously. It sickens me.

Lexi💕

"Please just stop crying, please. I know how it feels to loose someone that means a lot to you. I've lost everyone." He pleaded.

His voice changed when he said I've lost everyone.

It was cracked.

"You know when I lost my granny, she was my only family." He added, sad.

"Maddox is your brother." I said.

Leave that. Just please stop crying. He said rubbing my back with his hand and holding my hand with his second hand.

"Granny took care of me till I was 18. I want to see her now." I cleaned my face and got up.

"Don't go anywhere. Your dad said you shouldn't go anywhere." He told me.

"I'm still going." I insisted and got my bag.

"This isn't the time to be stubborn. Just stay here. I'll take you there next two days." He said calmly.

"Its too far." I said and made my way out.

Just then, he pulled me back and I ended up sitting on the bed.

"Grumpy please let me go." I sobbed and he rubbed his temple.

I got up and made my way out. I got to the stairs and I felt warm hands on mine.

It was of course grumpy. He carried me in a bridal style so easily like I weigh nothing.

He took me back to his room and put me on the bed. He collected my bag and put them away.

I sobbed continuously and he pulled me to his chest. I cried harder.

"You have to stop crying. Your momma is okay." He assured me.

"But my granny...." I was saying but he placed his index finger on my lips.

"Don't. Its okay. She's still with you. Wherever you go, she'll always be with you in your heart. He said rubbing my back."

I felt quite awkward sitting on his lap but he's my husband.

I tried to tell myself that to calm myself. I didn't have to worry. I started to feel sleepy kind of.

He laid me on the bed and rubbed my back till I fell asleep, crying.

New update ⚠️

Sad chapter, yeah? 😪

Sad but at least not a chapter of Abe being rude which makes it a bit good, yeah?☺️

Lexi's granny's dead. 😭

Same as Abe.😔

And their grannies were so important to them😞

Which makes them have something in common. Yay 🎉

Tell me what you think 🤔

In the comments ☺️

Don't forget to vote for me 😉

Xoxo 😚