Abe😒24

#flashback#

It was a cool evening. I was in my room working with my laptop. I needed to sort out the issues with some departments in my company. I heard a knock.

I wasn't expecting anyone. Come in. I said and the door flung open. It was Axel. Sir, Erm... there's someone waiting for you outside. He said he wants to meet you regarding the driver's post. He said.

I just remembered I'd have to meet someone today. Okay. Tell him I'll be there in a sec. I said and he nodded, leaving instantly. I turned off my laptop and put on my shirt.

Then, I went downstairs but didn't find the man. I saw Axel and I called him. Where's the man? I asked. Oh. I'll tell to come in. He said and I nodded.

I was a bit frustrated today due to my work's issues. Just then, the person I suppose the man would be entered and sat on the cushion next to me. I turned to him.

He was thin, medium height, his hair and clothes, rough and tattered. I sighed and turned to him. He smiled and bowed. He was a bit old.

He should be in his late 30s. So, you're the one who wants to be my driver? I asked and he nodded. Do you think I should give it to you? I asked and he nodded.

Why on earth would he just be nodding? Do you understand English? I asked and he nodded again, smiling. Why do you think I should give you the post? I asked.

Now, this would make him talk. Just then, he brought out a pen from his pocket and a book. I looked at him furious. What was he doing? I wondered. He scribbled something in it and he gave me the book. It read:

I think you should give me the post because I'm competent, honest and committed to anything I do. I'm also very hardworking and punctual. I follow the rules and regulations. I wouldn't drive too fast and make you uncomfortable and I'll also never betray you.

I turned to him. Can't you talk? I asked irritated and he shook his head saying no. So, you can't speak and you expect me to accept you?! What kind of nonsense is this?! Are you outta your mind?! I yelled at him.

He gestured please with his hands and I stood up. I was furious at him. You made me leave an important work just to meet a useless mute man?! This is all messed up. Never come back here or I'll have to hit you! I snarled and left.

Axel! I called out. Sir. He replied immediately. Take him out and I must never see him here again! I instructed. Yes sir. He said and took the man out effortlessly.

I headed back upstairs to continue what I was doing.

************************************ It was the next morning. I hurried down cos I was going to work. I got out and entered my car.

As I started to drive, I noticed someone staring at me. I turned and found that same mute man. I got down and went to him. Aren't you ashamed?! Staying in front of another person's house to stare?! Then, he showed me the same book. It read:

please can you give me some money since you won't accept me as a worker. I need money please.

I took it and threw it away. I can give out my money but not to useless people like you! Now, get the hell out of here! I snarled but he stood there looking.

If I have to wash my hands after leaving here, you'd get hurt. I warned but he just stood there, looking. I raised up my sleeve and pulled him by his worn out shirt and threw him by the roadside. He fell on the floor and coughed.

Never step into my house! I spat and left there. I got back home and washed my hands. Then, I entered my car and drove off.

# end of flashback #
This was the same man. He brought me here?! I doubt he's sane. I mean which sane human would think of doing this after what I did to him?

Why did you bring me here? I asked and he brought out the same type of book and scribbled something in it. I'm pretty sure he doesn't converse with people.

That's why he's still using that book. They're still a lot more pages left. He handed me the book and it read:

I saw you lying unconscious in front of your house by the roadside and people gathered there. Then, I told someone to please call a cab and pay the money while I'll take you to the hospital.

So Maddox threw me out of my very own house? Wow. I'll teach him how to build his own house when I get home. How did you pay my bills? I asked and he scribbled something again and gave it to me.

My savings. Then, I looked at him, surprised. Who would do that to someone who threw him/her by the roadside? He's different. I felt like a fool now. No one came for me. Not even Lexi.

Oh! I'm such a fool to think any of them would come for me. It was now "HIM" that came! God! I was so sorry but there's no way I can apologize now.

It would look like I'm doing it only cos he's helped me and I would probably just throw him our again another day. Just then, the nurse came with pills and I took them.

Can I leave now? I asked. Let me call the doctor. She said. Then, he came. Can I leave now? I asked. Wait for one more day. He said. No! I said and got up.

Its nothing. I just got hit severally. That would do nothing to me. I ended up here cos I was bothered about my friend's death. I snapped.

Exactly. I expected that reaction. Anyways, you can go. I'll send someone to give you your drugs. He said smiling and I stretched.

I brought out my phone and saw 23 missed calls. All from Axel, James, Alec and Adonis. I called James. Come pick me at the hospital. I said and dropped the phone.

I'm sure he's going to be like: Goodness! Sir! Where have you been? You weren't at home.. I didn't want to hear all those now.

Soon, James arrived and I took the man with me home.