Abe😒30

Chapter 30

I went upstairs to meet Lexi. I was furious at her. I just saw her with Maddox. I barged in and she flinched. I went to her and held her arm.

What did I tell you?! Didn't I tell you not to go to him?! Didn't I tell you to stay away from him?! You still went back to meet him! You know the risk you're in?! I hollered and she shivered and I sighed.

Just please don't ever go to him. At least not now. You don't know what is going on. You can't understand. I sighed and left. She'd not understand a thing.

It was already 2 in the morning. The meeting has ended. People just getting drunk and acting crazy. I took a brief shower when Lexi was with aunt.

I laid down on the far end of the king sized bed and covered myself with the duvet.

Soon, I heard the door open and I looked. It was Lexi. I turned back and drifted off to sleep.

************************************ I felt heat where I was. I rolled over. It was difficult to open my eyes. I badly wanted to sleep back.

As I rolled over, I hit something as hot as boiling water and my eyes shut open. The heat increased and I came to my senses.

There was fire. The room was burning. Where is Lexi? I panicked. Then I heard her scream. Lexi! Where are you?! I yelled but no response. She kept screaming.

The fire was burning like...real bad. The fire was moving very fast and it was damn hot. I saw the shadow of a  man and a woman walk away. So heartless. They couldn't even help. I got up real quick but I was stuck.

Lexi's voice was getting nearer. It seems like she was at the door but the fire was in between us. I got the blanket next to me and put it over my head. I ran through enduring the hotness of the fire.

Then I saw Lexi lying on the floor and she coughed continuously. Lexi! I yelled and carried her in a bridal style. I ran through the stairs.

I couldn't use the lift so I had to use the stairs. Thank goodness I wasn't in the hundredth room or even more. I fell off the stairs times without numbers but I kept getting up.

The fire wasn't down but it was spreading fast from upstairs. After falling, skipping and running successfully with the aid of the blanket, I finally got down and felt the pure and fresh air outside.

I sighed and put Lexi down. I then saw Maddox also running through and coughing. I fell on the floor and blacked out.

************************************ I woke up in a different environment. It had flowers around and was big. The building would be massive. The room was arranged neatly and decorated nicely.

Where am I? I asked curious. Calm down Abe, we brought you here. I heard and turned to see my uncle. Where is this place? I asked.

This is my house Mr. Hurtado. You were unconscious already after the fire incident so we saw you and brought you here. He said. Where is Lexi? I asked panicking.

Don't panic. She's in the next room. There's also a nurse with her and your aunt. He said smiling. Is she okay? I asked.

You're still asking if she's okay when you're the hurt one? She's perfectly fine. You were the one to risk your life. He said and I sighed in pure satisfaction.

You didn't ask of your brother. Well, He's now okay. He also was down and was affected. He said and I rolled my eyes. How come you guys aren't affected? I asked.

There wasn't fire where we were. The fire started from your room sir. We don't know how but you'll have to see the police today. He announced.

What? Police? Why? I asked now trying to sit up. Cos the whole scene started from your room. You have few questions to answer from them. He said and I nodded.

Alright. When do I have to see them? I asked. Calm sir. Take care of yourself for now. The hotel is been taken care of now. Its under investigation and the fire has died down.

No one except you, your wife and brother was affected and you've been taken care of. Just stay calm for now sir. I'll tell you when you need your see the cops to finalize their investigation. He said and I nodded.

Thanks. I mumbled and laid back down on the bed. Who could it have been? I would have suspected Maddox but he was also affected. He was also injured and he almost lost his life.

I'll need to get to the root of this matter. But I'll have to first have to play twenty questions with the cops. I wonder how Lexi is doing now. Hope Mr. Williams didn't lie to me to ease my tension.

I sat up and attempted to leave but he held Mr. Williams came out of nowhere and held me back. Where are you going? He raised an eyebrow. I want to see how my wife is doing. I said simply.

The word wife sounded weird to me. I don't call her my wife. Its okay sir. I've told you she's fine. She'll come see you soon. I'll tell her. He smiled.

No need. I waved him off. She shouldn't come. I doubt she would even come. Its okay. I believe you. I added and he nodded.

I turned back to lay on the bed and he left. I heard the door open and I turned. It was the least person I'd ever want to see. Maddox.

Hello. He smiled. I thought you were affected. I said surprised. Yeah but duh I'm not some weak sucker like you. I had quick recovery. He said and I rolled my eyes.

Just leave. You're only going to cause a disaster here. I said. What disaster is left to cause? You already are a disaster. He smirked and I rolled over backing him.

It seems like we have a new enemy in our story. He winked coming over to where I am. You have something to do with this right? I said sitting up.

Definitely not. He laughed. If I really had something to do with this, we would be planning a massive and unforgettably amazing burial for you.

You wouldn't have survived it is what I mean dumbass. He smiled. But I'll definitely find the person and teach the person the better way to get rid of you quickly. He winked.

You fool! I have no word for you. Just get the hell out of here. I groaned. Alright alright. I won't disturb you. Have a lot more rest before our game begins. He smiled patting me.

I see. You brothers have finally resolved what's between you two. My aunt said and I rolled my eyes. Goodbye. Maddox said and left.

Hope you're better now. She said moving closer to me. I would be if you let me have peace by leaving here! I growled and she smiled.

Expected. Anyways, take care. She mumbled and left.