31

A/N: wow i've reached 800 over reads!! thank you that's amazing :D

HYOJIN POV

1 week later

"Thank you for coming!" I bow respectfully at the leaving customer.

Taehyung is in the kitchen squeezing whip cream on the new matcha cakes while Jimin is out front manning the cashier. I go to the table strewn with used utensils and plates but a hand stops me.

"It's okay, I got it," she smiles.

"Thanks, Imo," I pat her back gently before going back behind the counter.

"You seem happier."

I stop and turn around at her. "Hm?"

"You and Ms Mae. You seem to be opening up to her more."

I smile at the thought of it. Then I remember last week Jimin and I had restarted the day, so my mother-daughter moment never technically happened. My smile falters slightly. In my heart, I'm disappointed she never went through it with me. But at least I know she's sincere and determined to make things right with me.

"Yeah. She's my mother, after all."

Imo hugs me all of a sudden. I'm wide-eyed and frozen on the spot, but her hug radiates safety and comfort. "I'm glad. I was never good with my mother, so I'm happy you're not making the same mistakes as me."

I hug her back slowly, feeling sad she has such regret in her life. "Thank you Imo. You have a new family here, anyways."

She goes into the kitchen soon after, and Taehyung steps out. I laugh at his appearance. "You look stupid, hyung."

He scoffs, a look of exaggerated hurt on his face. "I just came out to say hi, why you gotta attack me like that, my dongsaeng."

Ah, he doesn't know.

I take out my phone and flip it to front camera. As soon as he sees his own face he gasps and quickly wipes off the whip cream on his nose.