That Crazy Ex of Mine

**Zack's P.O.V.**

Zack, please pick up the phone!

I'm sorry, but please let me explain.

This is just a misunderstanding.

Those are just some of the texts I wake up to this morning. I had twelve texts, twenty missed calls, and fifteen voicemails. All from Ari. I don't reply to any of the messages, ignore the calls, and start listening to the voicemails as I sit up in bed.

"Zack, please pick up," she cries, "I'm sorry, for all this. Please just answer me. I didn't -hiccup- mean to send that message, I just -hiccup- I c-can't explain just please pick up. I can't -hiccup- tell you the reason why I did this. I'm sorry I just can't."

"Zack, baby, please answer. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. Just please, please answer. I don't know what else to say. I can't tell you why, but please just pick up the phone!"

"Baby, please," she cries loudly, "Please don't do this. I love you, so much. Please just pick up the phone so we can talk about this. I don't know what else to do. I'm trying to apologize, but I can't if you won't even pick up the phone."

"So is this how you want things to be? What happened to 'we'll always be together, forever'? Huh? Are you going to let this be the end of us? Please Zack, just answer the phone and hear me out."

"Fine. So then I guess this is how we break up huh? I get how you felt when I wouldn't listen, this feels like shit. This is just a huge misunderstanding. I swear I didn't do this intentionally, I had no choice. I wouldn't do something like this to you, I just- I couldn't risk the end of our relationship, so I had to do what I did. I'm sorry I'm being really vague, but I could explain further if you picked the phone up. I love you Zack, I really do. Please let me explain."

And it keeps going on and on like that. If she didn't mean to do this, then why would she send the video in the first place? How did she even get this video in the first place? You can't claim to love someone and then go and do something like this. Luke and I have been best friends since we were kids. I can't believe my girlfriend would ruin our friendship like that. Why would she ever do something like this? Is she even my girlfriend? I don't know if this counts as a breakup. I haven't been in a relationship in a long time. And now I know why. They claim to love you, but you don't hurt the ones you love.

I sigh, running my hands down my face as I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. I take a long shower, just standing under the hot water as it pours down my body. I get out of the shower and dry myself off, brushing my teeth, before exiting the bathroom. I quickly put on a plain t-shirt and a pair of jeans before heading downstairs.

I find my mother in the living room with another woman and Alec. The woman looks a lot like Alec, so I'm guessing that's his mom.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Honey, this is Alec and his mom and they'll be staying with us for a couple days while their home is being renovated."

I glance at Alec who's looking at his shoes, when a little boy comes running into the room.

"Mom, they have an awesome kitchen!" He exclaims with excitement.

He looks like a younger version of Alec, probably his little brother.

"Andrew, don't run in the house," his mother scolds.

"Sorry ma," he apologizes, going over to sit next to her.

"Zack, would you go show Alec one of the guest rooms?"

"Sure," I shrug.

I start heading upstairs with Alec right behind me. I stop in front of the first guest room, opening the door for him.