Only He Maid Me Feel That Way

Please tell me what you guys think of this book. <3 Enjoy! :)

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

I look like a mess. My eyes are red and bloodshot from all the crying I have done. I haven't brushed my hair in a while. And I have pizza stains on my shirt.

My mom has tried talking to me but I'm just not in the mood. I know she means well, but I just need some time to myself. I'm glad she understands. But it's probably because she's been a little too busy with the bakery. The owner is retiring and planning on selling it to my mom.

At least one of us is getting something they want. I'm happy for my mom, so proud of her. She's finally living her dream of owning her own bakery.

As for me? I'm not going to give Zack the satisfaction of seeing me like this. I haven't gone in to work in the past two days. I've also missed school for the past two days.

I don't want him to know how much what happened has affected me. My date with Alec is tomorrow and I'm regretting even agreeing to it. I just don't think I can pretend to be happy.

Pretend to be happy when Zack is probably out there with some other girl right now.

No. Don't think about him.

I get up to go take a shower. I need to stop sulking and get back to my life. There will be other boys.

But Zack is the only one who has made you feel this good.

I shake my head of these thoughts and go downstairs.

I'm in the kitchen getting some ice cream when the doorbell rings. I wonder who that is? I open it to find that it's Lexi.

I'm a little disappointed it's not Zack.

Don't be, he doesn't care about you.

"Well, it's nice to see you too," Lexi says sarcastically.

"Sorry, I've just had a lot on my mind," I apologize.

"Now I'm saying this as your best friend, please go and take a shower."

I roll my eyes. But she's right, I need one.

"I'll be right back."

I go upstairs and take a shower. I brush my hair and change my clothes. I look somewhat presentable.

But nothing can change the fact that I'm hurting inside.

"I've never seen you this upset Ari."

This is what happens when the one you have feelings for betrays you. When they make you feel like nothing.

Worthless...

"Can we not talk about this?" I beg.

She automatically changes the topic and I'm grateful. I just want to forget about this whole mess.

We spend the day talking and catching up. She tells me about her trip and I pretend to be listening.

Have you ever had to pretend you're fine? When you're actually hurting on the inside? All those fake smiles and forced laughter.

How am I going to be happy again? How am I supposed to forget about him? What am I going to do?

Lexi leaves at noon to go to some appointment and it's just me.

I'm sitting there wallowing in my own misery when my mom comes home.

"You're home early," I say.

"Yeah, the bakery is officially mine as of today!"

I give her a big hug.

"That's great mom, I'm proud of you!"

"Thanks honey, we should go out to celebrate. But only if you feel like it, if not I understand."

"Of course we can mom, let me go get dressed."

I'm going to put my problems to the side for now and focus on my mom. She deserves it.

I get dressed in a simple dress and go downstairs to meet my mom. We end up going to an elegant restaurant that we normally couldn't afford.

"Are you sure mom?"

"Of course honey, I have a little more money now that I'm the owner."

The waitress is just coming over to take our order when I look up and see Zack coming in the restaurant.

With another girl.

You've got to be kidding me...