Meeting the Parents Gone Wrong

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

So it was my birthday in two days. Zack had been giving me cute little presents all week. On Monday he gave me a cute little ring that was engraved with 'Zariana' (apparently that was the ship name some girls at school came up with), on Tuesday he'd given me a stuffed penguin (Lexi probably told him about my obsession with them), on Wednesday he'd given me (and the rest of the cafeteria) a show by 'serenading' me in the middle of lunch. Today was Thursday and after that performance yesterday lets just say I was a little afraid as to what he had in mind for today.

Thank God my birthday was on a weekend or without a doubt he would've embarrassed me (lovingly) in front of the whole school. At least the serenading was just a couple hundred people and not the whole school, even though by the end of the lunch period everybody in school knew about it. And if the rumors I've heard is true, it was even uploaded onto YouTube. I was a little (okay maybe a lot) embarrassed over the whole thing, but Zack said and I quote 'My singing was fucking awesome baby and our kids will enjoy it'. Which led to another awkward conversation with my face about as red as a tomato as Zack just laughed at me and proceeded to come up with baby names. Let's just say, if we ever have kids, I'm coming up with the names. Because there is no way I'm naming my kids Brat #1 and Brat #2.

So that is why, two days before my birthday, I am walking through the hallways like a ninja trying not to be noticed by Zack. He knows I don't like to be embarrassed, so he purposely looks for reasons to embarrass me. Is it too much to ask to celebrate birthdays like a normal person and not embarrass me in front of everyone? If I didn't love him so much, I would beat him with the sock full of batteries.

"Ari, I'm sure what he has planned isn't that bad," Lexi says trying (and failing) to reassure me.

"You were there yesterday Lexi, you saw him sing to me in front of everyone!"

"You looked like you wanted the ground to swallow you whole," she says laughing uncontrollably.

I give her my nastiest glare before pressing myself against the locker as I hear movement from the other hallway.

"Stop acting like you can't be seen," Lexi says rolling her eyes.

I silence her with a glare and move stealthily down the hallway, making sure to check before proceeding.

"I don't want Zack to-"

"You don't want Zack to what?"

"Ahhhhhh!" Lexi screams causing me to scream while clutching my heart as it beats rapidly.

"What. The. Hell!?"

"He scared me!"

That's when I notice an amused looking Zack with his arms crossed waiting for a reply.

"You don't want Zack to what?" He repeats.

"I uh don't want my wonderful boyfriend to uh catch a sore throat from all that singing he did yesterday," I say as it comes out as more of a question than an answer.

He quirks an eyebrow at me obviously not falling for my lie, "You forgot talented. My wonderful, talented boyfriend," he states with a smirk.

I scowl as I realize he's not going to be mad that I was basically avoiding him all day.

"But don't worry baby, sadly I'm not going to grace you with my talent today."

I let out a relieve breath, changing it to a totally fake cough as a way to hide it smiling sheepishly at the end, but Zack just rolls his eyes and grabs my hand as he tells me why he's not embarrassing me today.