I'm Not Maid For This

This is the first book I've written on here. Hope you like it. Like, comment, & vote! :)

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

"Seriously mom, it's okay. I should help you out more anyways."

"Honey, I'm the parent. I should be bringing in the income."

"Well, now it's just the two of us and we need this extra money."

"I know there is no point in trying to talk you out of it, you were always stubborn."

I poke my tongue out at her. I've missed the playful banter we always use to have. Ever since my dad died, it's been hard to get her to smile and laugh. Just those simple things I miss. Sigh. No point in wallowing though. I have to be strong for the both of us.

"I'll call you later mom, don't work too hard at the diner. I'll be home soon."

"Have a good first day sweetie."

I go give her a kiss then walk out the door. I smile at the site of my baby. I still can't believe mom bought me this car. I didn't expect to what with us barely having any money but she insisted. Last year's birthday gift. I'm almost 18 soon, just 3 more months.

I start up the engine and drive to my job. I just got this job yesterday and it's my first day today. I couldn't find any jobs at the mall, so I had no choice but to be a maid. I hope the family isn't a bunch of stuck up snobs who turn their nose at us who just scrape by. I mean sure we have enough food and I can afford to go shopping once in a while, but I don't have the luxury of buying designer brands like the girls at my school. Besides I'd much rather spend my money on video games. That's basically how I spend all my time.

I've never had a boyfriend or even my first kiss and I'm almost 18! I mean I've had crushes but they never go anywhere. Like Sean. Sigh. I've had a crush on him for like two years now and I doubt he even knows my name.

I mean I don't blame him, he is really popular. But still. We've basically been going to school together since we were kids. It doesn't take much for him to remember Ariana. Ugh. Okay stop. It's not his fault you're not noticeable.

I'm 5'7" with long, curly blonde hair and I'm not fat but I'm curvy. Definitely not the type of girl to be counting calories and eating salad all the time. It's just I don't wear slutty clothes, I'm more of a baggy sweatpants kinda girl.

The guys at my school aren't really subtle when it comes to checking out girls and I'd prefer to stay away from the spotlight. I don't have time to get my heart broken by some egotistical jerk anyways. I just wish Sean would notice me you know.

Stop sulking, you're here. I can't help looking in awe at the mansion I just arrived at, it's so beautiful. I park at the front and am greeted by a valet? Woah. These people are loaded.

"Excuse me ma'am, may I have your keys?"

"Uh, yeah sure. Here you go."

I hand him my keys and he tells me to go on in. I ring the doorbell and wait for the door to open. And when it does, I can't help that my jaw drops to the floor. It's Zack. The school's bad boy, I knew he had money but damn he's filthy rich! I always hear the girls talking about how hot he is and I can definitely see what they mean. He has gorgeous green eyes, he's tall and muscular, sandy blonde hair, and his dimples are to die for.

"Are you done eye raping me sweetheart?" He smirks.

Shit. Was I that obvious?

"I-I wasn't eye raping you," I scoff. Even though I so was. Like I'd admit it though. But before he can say anything I walk in and ask him where his mom is.

"She's in the kitchen, so may I ask what you're doing here?"

"I-uh work here now."

"Well, this will definitely be fun," He smirks.

His smirk is so hot. Wait, what? Stop being so girly Ariana.

But you are a girl.

Okay, stop arguing with yourself. Thankfully, his mom walks in and takes me away from getting into a fight with myself. I so woulda kicked my ass though.

"So, you'll be doing dishes, laundry, making food for my little girl when she is present, and anything else the head maids might need you for is that clear?"

"Uh, yeah got it."

"Anything you need, don't hesitate to ask the other maids or me if I'm home," She smiles at me and walks away.

Huh. She wasn't that bitchy. I think this might be okay. I spend the rest of the evening cleaning all the rooms and even end up doing some laundry. Thank god there were no dishes for me. I despise dishes. I don't know why I signed up for a job that's guaranteed to do dishes at one point, but we need the money. Since dad died it hasn't been easy. Mom has a pretty good business, but it's just simply not enough. Sigh. I accidentally drop the laundry basket and bend down to pick up the clothes I dropped.

"I could so get used to this view," says a deep voice.

I jump and scream. Not my best moment. When I turn around Zack is standing behind me with of course a smirk on his face, his eyes trained on my ass. Of course the one day I'm wearing my least baggiest jeans. I'm pretty sure I'm red now from blushing.

"Perv," I roll my eyes and finish picking up the rest of the clothes.

"It's called flirting sweetheart, you should try it sometime," He winks at me.

I blush again and start to walk away, but he comes and blocks my way.

"Umm, could you move?" I ask nervously. What does he want?

He gets close to me until I can feel his breath on my neck. I blush. I really need to stop blushing.

"Give me your number and I might."

"Sorry, I only give that to people I actually like," I respond.

"Ouch. I'm hurt, what's there not to like about me? I'm the total package," He winks.

"Well, you have a big ego and all you do is use girls. Don't waste your time, you're not getting into my pants," I roll my eyes.

He actually looks a little hurt by what I said, but I'm probably just imaging it. I mean, why would he care?

He grabs my hand hard and suddenly I'm a little scared. What if he gets his mom to fire me?

"You don't know anything about me, so don't act like you do," He snaps.

He then drops my hand and walks away. Well then. I can't afford to lose this job, I should just steer clear of him. Nothing good will come from it.

An hour later I'm ready to leave. I drive home and mom is still not home. Sigh. She works herself too hard. I do the little homework I have from school, make myself some dinner, and go to my room. I think of Sean and it automatically makes me forget what happened earlier with Zack. I smile and go to bed.

To the right is a picture of Ariana. (Pretty Little Liars fans unite! ;D)