He Maid Me Have A Bad Date

Please like/comment/vote, it only takes a second. :) Thank you to everyone who's reading my book. <3 There is a picture of Ari's dress. :)

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

Pity. That's what I feel right now. I couldn't even manage to keep my first almost boyfriend. He lost interest in me as soon as we kissed.

Is that all boys want these days? I'm new to this whole dating thing, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be this complicated.

In books and movies they have a happy ending. Well, most of the time. I don't even want to think about TFIOS. That movie broke my heart... But that's beside the point!

In most cases, they always have a happy ending. They might have a few ups and downs, but in the end they always get back together and live happily ever after.

Why can't I have my happily ever after?

Why can't Zack like me as much as I like him?

He says he "likes" me and yet he was out with a girl last night. Why is he playing these games with me? He doesn't have to lie about liking me, it's not like I expected a guy like him to like a girl like me.

I mean he's Zackary Kingston. He wouldn't want me when he could have just about any girl he wanted. I just need to forget about him. He clearly forgot about me.

So that's why I'm currently getting ready for my date with Alec. I was going to cancel on him, but after seeing Zack with that girl I needed to move on. I needed to get my mind off him and what better way then to go on a date?

Alec is a great guy too. He's really smart, a great cook, and he's so cute.

But Zack is way cuter.

I really need to stop thinking about him.

I'm going to forget about him and have a great time with Alec. I put on a short black lace dress, casual yet sexy. I pair it with a pair of black heels and curl my hair. I look at myself in the mirror and look alright.

I hear the bell ring and go downstairs, but my mom opens it before I get there. She had to be here today of all days. I hope she doesn't embarrass me...

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Jacobs."

"Oh, Ari you've got yourself such a handsome date," my mom winks at me.

"Thanks mom," I laugh nervously.

Alec is smiling at me, "You look beautiful Ari, just like your mom," he then winks at my mom.

And my mom giggles. Like a little girl!

"Mom!" I whine.

"Oh honey, I'm just being nice."

I just roll my eyes. My mom can be such a child sometimes, but that's one of the things I love about her.

"Let's go Alec."

He holds out his arm to me and I happily take it. I say goodbye to my mom and walk hand in hand with Alec to his car. He opens the door for me and I can't help but smile. Why didn't I notice how sweet Alec was before?

You were too busy being played by Zack.

I push these negative thoughts out of my head and put on my seatbelt. Alec turns the radio on and we're silent the whole ride. Not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one.

He looks so good tonight, wearing a red and navy blue checkered shirt over his plain white shirt and dark navy blue jeans. His chocolate brown eyes pop out and I can't help but stare at him. He sure knows how to impress a girl.

Soon we arrive at a little restaurant and go inside. Alec grabs my hand and we follow the hostess to our table.

This might not be so bad, I might even have fun.

We talk about everything from our favoritie color and favorite movies to our family and future plans. I find out that Alec has a younger brother and his dad passed away two years ago, that he works for Zack to help out his dad, and that he plans on being a chef in the future.

I'm actually smiling and laughing and having such a great time with Alec.

"I'm having a great time with you Alec."

"I'm glad Ari," he smiles at me.

This night is going much better than I thought it would. Alec actually made me smile and laugh and I'm so grateful for that. It's a great distraction from what's running through my head.

"Do you want dessert?" Alec asks snapping me out of my thoughts

"Yeah, I'll be right back though. I need the restroom," I say excusing myself.

As I'm returning from the restroom I notice there is someone else sitting with Alec. Is that one of his friends? Does he want to introduce me to his friend? I make my way towards Alec with a smile only to have it wiped off my face.

Because it's him.

"Well, hello to you too Ari."

Why does Karma hate me so much?