ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

𝕊𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 ℝ𝕒𝕪'𝕤 ℙ𝕠𝕧

Ⓡⓐⓨ'ⓢ Ⓟⓞⓥ

[ ғᴇᴡ ᴅᴀʏs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀɪʟᴇᴅ ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ]

Ever since Mama told me about how my shipment date was replaced by (Y/N), I felt angry at myself for failing to protect her, and I think that was the cause why she and I grew a bit distant over the last few days. That and the incident before that, particularly about how I made her feel.. useless. I never intended to make her feel that way. My actions were only for her sake and also for the sake of the escape plan to successfully carry out.

"Urgh!!" I let out a frustrated groan, as I tug my raven black locks before letting go and leaning in my chair. I stared up at the ceiling and closed my eyes, letting my thoughts run in my head as I concentrated hard.

I couldn't let (Y/N) get killed

I couldn't let her get killed after knowing that she won't ever go back to her world again!

But how?!

I could move the escape date a bit earlier to prevent (Y/N) from getting shipped out....

I need to protect her

Opening my eyes, I heard a knock on the door as I glanced at the sound I saw Anna looking at me, her eyes were filled concern.

"Are you okay Ray?" She asked which I nodded before standing up abruptly and walked out of the library. As I passed by Anna I felt her grab my wrist, stopping in my tracks as she looked at me with her worried eyes.

"Are you sure? You and (Y/N) seem to be.. a bit distant in the past few days.. I've noticed that." She voiced out, looking at the ground as she spoke to me, trying to refrain from eye contact.

"We're just in a fight Anna, don't worry, she'll probably forget about it." I tried to say as calmly as possible so she too won't freak out or assume for the worst.

"Say, Ray.. do you.. like.....(Y/N)?" She asked me, her hand that was still gripping my wrist was now shaking as my eyes widen in shock at her question.

"She's my friend. What do you mean?" I admitted as she looked up at me frowning.

"You know what I mean Ray."

"We're just friends. What are you so worked up for anyways Anna?" I answered monotonously before she let go of my wrist as I stared at her.

What does she mean?

Was she this nervous around me before?

I really don't know, we don't have that much interaction after all

Placing my hands in my pockets, I walked to the hallway, leaving Anna behind as I turned to my right and went out of the house. I see (Y/N) playing around with Jemima and Alicia while carrying Phil on her shoulders. We locked eyes for a moment before breaking it as she continued to play with the kids and I walked towards Emma and Norma who looked bothered by our silent treatment

"Ray I think you should speak to her." Norman suggested as I shook my head.

Yeah go ahead, say it, I'm one selfish and proud little brat