ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔬

ⓨⓞⓤⓡ ⓟⓞⓥ

"Ohayo Nee-chaaan~"

A repetitive tapping on my shoulder was felt, on and on, pestering me to wake up already and yet I discarded it away with a groan. Great... what was it again? Last time I checked it was a Friday, and since the coming days would be weekends, I assumed I could apparently do whatever I want, with no alarm clocks ringing loud and clear, no moms waking me up early in the morning and plenty of time to sleep in. The person that had bugged me thankfully stopped, yet I could hear a displeased hum come from her lips.

How amazing... I'm half awake now aren't I?

You've done it again mom!

Annoyed, I flipped my body to the other side, with my brows furrowed together and a big frown on my face. I still kept eyes closed, as I was so adamant on putting myself back to sleep, I didn't realize that the pillow I was resting my head on was so rudely snatched away. It was then things escalated from there as I had been crudely smacked by the face with a pillow, and that ladies, and gentlemen is what I would like to call crossing the line. In a fury I hauled my body awake and faced the one responsible for this harassment of my face, only to be surprised that it was NOT MY MOM. In a panic I scanned the room around me and without a clear mind I yelled:

"I'VE BEEN F*CKING KIDNAPPED?!"

"WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON? CUT IT OUT YOU LITTLE BRATS- This is not a game! Put me back where I belong you-"

I halted midway in my sentence as I stopped and recognized her features, wide- eyed. I was so confused-no confused doesn't express the emotions swirling in the pits of my stomach properly... more like bewildered, perplexed, and there was even a tiny feeling in my gut that the only thing close enough to describe it was hysterically thrilled..

It took me no longer than 5 seconds to comprehend that THE Emma from the so called anime show, The Promised Neverland was standing in front of me, and I am no longer in the comforts of my own house... which was great, I'll take my chances seeing as I was even about to consider the irrational probability of my parents disowning me right in the middle of a pandemic.

What was I supposed to do anyways?! The odds of me being here are 100 to a negative 1! Composing myself, I made up my mind to do the most sensible, and normal thing someone like me would do in this situation... that is play along, and act dumb. Which is supposed to be easy, but let's see how it goes.

"Uhh... Hi there.. Emma..."

The dumb struck girl stood there, still surprised at your accusation and crazy outburst. "Heyy Em's I'm sorry..hehe uhmm.. crazy dream I got there hehe..."

"This is why I should be the one to wake her up.." Norman scolded his friend while shaking his head. The albino boy had casually walked in on the room, a calm serene look plastered on his face as he looked over to me with a smile. "Good morning." He said.

"Uhhh..." I awkwardly shuffled my feet, as Norman could only laugh.

"If you're asking what happened, you fell asleep while coloring again (Y/N)."

I what-?!

"It's Nee-chan not (Y/N)! She's older than us, shouldn't we address her as such?" Emma declared before pouting at Norman and rushing towards me, giving me a big warm hug.

"You don't really have to, it's fine." I reassured them with an awkward smile.

"See Emma? She said so herself -and (Y/N), you shouldn't really speak in such an uncivilized manner especially in front of Emma, Mama might get mad at you again." Norman reminded me, narrowing his gaze as I scrunched up my nose in confusion.