ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

ⓨⓞⓤⓡ ⓟⓞⓥ

Reaching out my hand to the big wooden bars of the door, I opened it with arms outstretched, and welcomed the big bright rays of morning sun with open arms. As golden sunlight streamed down from above, dripping from the roof and on to my figure, I breathed in the fresh air.

"(Y/N)!" Someone called my name, as I turned towards the direction of the voice, "Over here!" Gilda shouted with her hands raised up, waving at me. I quickly rushed to them, noticing a bunch of pales filled with water and washing boards scattered all over the ground.

"Okie dokie Gilda, what are your commands Captain?" I saluted her, making her and Don chuckle and play along with my little game. "Here sergeant (Y/N)-" Don handed me a set of clothes in a basket, saying "These are your orders! Scrub 'em hard now!" He saluted back at me, and we all broke down in fits of laughter before retreating back to our own set of clothes to wash.

This was nice

I thought, as I tirelessly rubbed the fabrics across the board, keeping in mind that I had to help out Norman in the kitchen. Soap bubbles soon flooded the pale as I brought my hand up to wipe the sweat on my brow. Eeesh, I didn't know a chore like this could be so tiring.

Something particularly interesting then caught my eye as I noticed how Don would constantly peek and steal glances at the spectacled eye girl, making my lips curl upwards into a mischievous grin.

"Stop slacking off Don!"

Don shot me a glare as he knew he was caught red handed by none other than moí. I could only do so much as show him a peace sign with my fingers, a cheeky grin plastered in my face.

"You heard her Don." Gilda snickered as we chuckled silently, the laughter of the children mixed with the scrubbing of clothes against the hard wooden washing board made a unique ambience around us. It was so peaceful, and everyone was happy... blinded by the truth that laid ahead of them once they reach the age of 12..

I frowned, shaking my head as if to snap out of my negative thoughts. It was too soon, and it's only the beginning of the adventure. There were more to come, and I highly wouldn't want to interfere with their escape from this.. slaughterhouse. Indeed it was a slaughterhouse, no matter how great GraceField house was at first glance. It was a farm, built for the manufacturing of healthy and intelligent children that were raised to be cattle, only to die before they could even live their lives.

UGH WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NEGATIVE THOUGHTS?!

I scolded myself internally.

Minutes later, I had already finished my chores, all the while ruining my precious hands in the process. Picking up the basket of thoroughly rinsed clothes that were ready to be hung and dried, I turn to Gilda. "Here you go Captain!" I gave her the clothes and with another playful grin on my face, I saluted at both of them, "I'll be taking my leave now!"

"Yes, you may sergeant." Gilda teased and with a giggle I run back to the inside of GraceField house, looking forward to my cooking lesson with the albino boy.

.

.

"Yo Yo Wassuuuup my Albino Boiiiii!" With finger guns aimed at Norman I sent a silly wink at his direction, making him knit his eyes in confusion at my sudden change of behavior.