ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

ⓨⓞⓤⓡ ⓟⓞⓥ

It was already a couple of days since I broke my wrist in the incident. Emma, Ray, and Norman already spoke about the situation to Sister Krone as mentioned by Ray to me. I didn't really mind not taking the tests eventually, knowing it was for the better good that I not mess up the escape. Ray also revealed to them that he was in fact Mama's spy, which only shocked Emma, the fact that Norman already told Ray to work as a double spy the night before that, and I knowing what happens in the future.

Despite my broken wrist, I managed to improve my stamina and physique day by day, playing tag with everyone after all, and the fact that puberty was starting to hit me in the face...with a chair. ಥ_ಥ̥

I thought it was all going smoothly until one night Mama approached my room.

ʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ-

"Oh there you are (Y/N), I was looking for you." She closed the door behind gently before looking up at me as I stared back at her. A million questions ran in my head as I try my best to stay calm. There were some rare instances wherein I would feel uncomfortable around her. Maybe it was the thought of her finding out about me being from another world that terrified me.

"You were looking for me mama?" I asked gripping the bed sheets as I tilted my head to the side, trying to appear as innocent as possible

"Yes, well I have some good news for you (Y/N) ." She stated as my ears perked up in hearing it before realizing what she was gonna say, I clenched my chest looking at her who was smiling sadly at me.

"I'm being.. shipped out aren't I?" I muttered out low as Mama stared at me in the eyes

"How long have you known dear (Y/N)?" She brushed my hair to the side, a habit of hers.

"For a while.. I figured out that something must have been happening to the ones who are adopted.. they weren't sending letters back here, nor have we heard from them again, even if they promised to write to us... Plus, the faces Emma and Norman had when they tried to return Conny's bunny to her were as if.. they have seen something horrifying. It wasn't that hard to guess that we aren't getting adopted.. aren't we mama?"
I declared as she caressed my cheek

"Don't worry (Y/N). It'll be quick, this will all be over soon."
She smiled at me, but I could see all under her facade. She loved all of us, all of them. It hurt her having to lead all her children to their doom.

"When? Did you tell the others yet?" I asked as she shook her head in response.

"I will, when the time comes. Your shipping date will be in 2 months from now." She explained as I took it all in and nodded my head in understanding

But isn't that Ray's shipment date? Was I replaced with Ray?

Never mind that, it's better this way

I thought as I shook my thoughts away.

"I understand mama.. you're just trying in this cruel world.. they don't understand.. But I do.. I promise you mama, everything will be okay im the end." I hugged her, referencing the time wherein Emma will make a new promise, where they will all be free.