2K Reads Special #3: The Tiger's Dayoff Pt.1

Hello, y'all! I know it's been a while but I just had a short break for myself since school stuff did kinda get busy this past week. Seeing that I am now momentarily done with school, I guess it's finally time for me to finish these specials once and for all with a two-parter (I hope)  about the member that we have seen the least so far: Mr. Commander himself (!), Kim Jongkook!! So I hope you all do enjoy, and have a good day!

Jongkook was walking down the busy streets of Seoul at around midday when the incident happened. He had just been discharged from his military duties due to the upcoming new year celebration, and as such he decided to entertain himself by doing a little walk when he suddenly felt the touch of a stranger reaching out into his pocket.

A pickpocket.

"Yah!" Jongkook exclaimed, causing people around him to suddenly stare. Realising that the man he had stolen from noticed what he was doing, the pickpocket immediately bolted from the scene and blended into the crowd.

Unfortunately for him, he had chosen the wrong person to nick that day.

Having had special training for recognising people's faces and features in mere seconds, Jongkook imprinted the image of the man he had seen and kept it strongly held in his mind as he started to chase. He was not going to lose this man! Otherwise, he would be ashamed to call himself a Sergeant of the Korean Military!

***

Jongkook's chasing led him down the small alleyways of Seoul, and even caused him to end up in the subways. The pickpocket seemed to have believed that he'd made an escape, for he was starting to slow down. But as soon as he turned around and saw the glaring eyes of the Commander, the pickpocket quickly picked up the pace and headed straight into one of the subway coaches out of panic.

Now I got him! Jongkook thought.

And he was right, once the two of them were in the subway, there was no escape left for the pickpocket.

The pickpocket too turned out to have noticed this, for he was waiting for the exact last second to depart from the subway and make a run back into the streets. However, Jongkook was one step ahead of him, for he was waiting only until the last second to step in the subway.

"Come on, come on..." Jongkook muttered, while waiting for the right moment to strike.

Not being able to handle this pressure and knowing that all would be lost if he were to stay, the pickpocket decided to wing it and quickly dashed his way up the stairs and back onto the surface.

Seeing this, Jongkook quickly followed, not wanting to prolong this pursuit any further. He was already starting to get a bit hungry, and so he wanted to get a chance to grab a bite as quick as possible. Because of this, he poured all of his energy into his legs to carry out a last sprint of sort to close the distance between them.

In almost no time, Jongkook managed to catch up with the pickpocket, cornering him in an alleyway coincidentally right next to a street filled with restaurants and food stalls. Having the smell of food fill up his nostrils, Jongkook became more and more urged to end this as quickly as possible and so, he gave the pickpocket two options: to return the wallet and return back to the streets unharmed, or to be forced to return the wallet and be handed over to the police.

Realising that the man in front of him was not one to mess with, the pickpocket returned Jongkook's wallet with a heavy heart, and immediately disappeared into the crowd.

"Kids these days..." Jongkook grumbled, noticing just how much the generation had changed since he was a youngster himself. "Well nevermind that... I need to find myself some low-calorie snacks for now! I'm famished!"

Thus began Jongkook's day-off. Although he might have not realised it at the moment, Jongkook's catching of that young pickpocket was just the root of another problem coming along his way.

But still, at least for now Jongkook was just happy to be able to enjoy his small, low-calorie breakfast.

To be continued...