The Maze Pt.2

Hi guys and gals! Welcome back, I'm writing a longer chapter today to redempt my vacuum the last day. Hope you enjoy!😁

Kwang Soo was happily strolling through the Maze when he heard someone cursing near him. He looked around to see Donghoon running away from ten guards. Donghoon was quite pacey, so he had put enough distance between him and the guards causing the guards to give up on chasing. Donghoon also saw Kwang Soo and called him, "Yah, Kwang Soo, did you see Ji Lupin before he was eliminated?" "No, hyung."

Both of them decided to stick together for the moment. "How did Lupin get eliminated?" Donghoon asked, not fully sure whether to trust Kwang Soo or not. "Must be the guards," Kwang Soo tried to avoid the question. Donghoon seemed to be still wary, but had opened up a bit.

Donghoon decided to start a conversation as both of them tiptoed through the pathways of the Maze. "So, Kwang Soo, how's your father's condition? Is he getting better?" This totally caught Kwang Soo off-guard, he expected something more business like with Donghoon, not something personal. Kwang Soo thought it would be suspicious if he just stayed quiet, and so he quickly answered, "He's getting better. His condition is much more stable than before, he doesn't have as much pain as he had before. You could see it from his face, he's more smiley."

It was exactly Kwang Soo's chance to rip Donghoon's Name-Tag, but two things had stopped him. One, he didn't feel right in ripping off Donghoon's Name-Tag after that talk. Second, Gary had just arrived at the scene.

"Donghoon, Kwang Soo, did you know what happened to Lupin?" Gary asked. Both Donghoon and Kwang Soo shook their head. They gathered together and decided to meet up with Jihyo to fend off against the guards.

"Jihyo," Gary quietly called, "Jihyo."

Donghoon also did the same thing. Kwang Soo wasn't sure if he should rip their Name-Tags or not. He decided to wait. They kept calling as they slowly started to delve deeper into the Maze.

***
Jihyo could hear someone calling him. A voice she was so familiar with. It was Gary's. Jihyo whispered back, "Gary! Gary!"

Jihyo was just about to turn back when she felt someone standing behind her. It was Gary. "Jihyo, did you know what happened to Lupin?" he asked. Jihyo told him a silent "No."

After Gary, came both Donghoon and Kwang Soo. They all stood there, just listening to the distant sound of footsteps of the guards. Kwang Soo then blurted out suddenly, "Hyung and noona, why don't we just split up? By doing that, our chances of finding the Badges increase."

Kwang Soo was continually growing anxious

Kwang Soo was continually growing anxious. The longer they stayed together, the smaller the chance it was for Kwang Soo to suceed.

***
Gary was clueless. 'What was going on?' he mentally asked himself. Kwang Soo's attittude was strange, almost liked he had something to hide. Before anything, Kwang Soo announced himself to be going back towards the direction he came from.