Chapter 50

Hello lovely and utterly amazing Memorians! I know, I know it's been extremely long since I've updated :( I want to extend my sincere apologies to you all below, but for now, please enjoy this much long overdue chapter of the story!

~~~~~~

"Looks like the weather finally cleared up." Zayn comments as we pass the Starbucks on the way to my dorm building. I would've told him that it was okay for me to just walk the rest of the way alone and save him the trouble, but it didn't look like he was gonna give. He even seemed to speed up in pace as we passed.

"Yeah, it sucks that it had to take all night, though." I shrug, knowing that it was probably a bad idea that I stayed the night at Zayn's. I'm surprised Allie or El hasn't called yet, wondering where I am. I check my phone only to find it dead, which would explain the absence of worried calls.

"Yeah, sorry about that." He apologizes like he has control over California's weather patterns.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you offered for me to stay at your place." I say honestly, and I notice a slight blush form on his defined cheekbones. We walk along in silence for awhile, but neither of us seem to mind it.

"Well, at least you got your giraffe thing back." He jokes as he jabs the side of the plush toy's neck.

"Yeah, I missed this little guy." I squeeze the doll a little tighter to my chest and he smiles. At this point, we reach the building of my dorm room and stop just outside of the entrance doors.

"Well, thanks for letting me crash at your place and for walking me here, you didn't really have to but I appreciate it." I thank him sincerely.

"It's no problem. You want me to walk you to your door or are you good?" He asks.

"No, no I got it from here. It would probably just cause my roommates to give me a hard time anyways." I say, which is so unbelievably true. They are probably already going to give me hell about where I've been, I don't need them breathing down my back with questions other than sleeping somewhere else. I'll probably just tell them that I fell asleep at the library or something.

"Okay well, see you at work." He does a little half-wave before stuffing his hands into his jean pockets and walking off as I head into the building.

The lobby is pretty dead, probably because it is only seven in the morning on a Saturday. I wonder if Allie and El are up yet, I doubt it though, they usually sleep in on weekends. If I'm lucky they might not even be home, which will save me the trouble of an explanation. However, I am sadly mistake when I open the door to our room and find them both wide awake with none other than Harry.

What the hell is he doing here? Is the first thing that comes to mind when I register his presence in the room. The sight of him feels new to my eyes, being as this is the first I've seen of him since the breakup. He looks different in a way. His eyes are slightly pinkish and baggy as if he hasn't slept, his hair more ruffled and stubble is more apparent on his face now. This is not the Harry I expected to see after he ended things. He looks horrible, maybe even...miserable.

"Bree! You're back!" Eleanor says from up her bunk as she moves to come down before greeting me with a hug. I let her embrace me, though I stand still, shocked at the fact that Harry is here.

"Yeah, where did you go? We were worried sick looking for you, girl!" Allie exclaims and comes up to hug my statue-like body next.

"I-I...It was raining so I stayed over at a friend's house." My mouth seems to say before I control my reflex to lie and say that I fell asleep at the library. I guess that's down the drain.