Chapter 11

"Absolutely not, you're not wearing that." Harry vetoes the black baggy t-shirt and denim overalls that I pull out of my closet.

"Excuse me, but I don't think you really have a say in what I wear," I counter.

"We came here because your mom wanted you to change the ugly clothes your wearing into something more decent, not something uglier." Uglier? He's rude.

"These aren't ugly."

"Yes they are. Why are you even bothering looking for something to wear in your closet? We both know you have nothing in there that is decent. Just grab something from Allie's or El's, I'm sure they won't mind." Wow, he's really rude.

"Fine." There's no point in trying to prove to him that I have some decent clothes in my closet, it'll take too long. I shuffle through Allie's clothes.

I'm really surprised that her and Eleanor aren't in here. Well actually, I'm pleasantly surprised they aren't. They would be asking too many questions that I can neither deal with nor answer right now. I'm pretty sure they were here earlier though. There's a new set of books on Allie's desk. They probably went to pick up Allie's books for school, dropped it off here, then went out with Louis and Liam again or something.

After a lot of sifting through, I manage to find something that I would be comfortable wearing. I take out a pair of dark blue jeans and a grey crew neck light sweater.

"It's boiling outside! You're not in Toronto anymore. You can't just wear a sweater in the summer here." He walks over to the closet and pulls out a pair of black high-waisted shorts and a light minty blue cropped tank top. Is he serious? I stifle a laugh as he tries to hand me the outfit.

"I'm not wearing that."

"Why not? All the other girls here wear stuff like this," he says.

"Because I'm not a skank and I don't wear shorts."

"You should, you need some sun on those ghost legs of yours," he laughs and I sneer at him. "Fine then, just wear the top."

"That top is still skanky. If you make me wear it, I'm not going with you," I say matter-of-factly. Why is he giving me fashion advice anyways?

"Ugh your so difficult. Here then, just wear this." He grabs a loose pink chiffon short-sleeved button-up off the rack. The colour is a little too bright for my taste, but I guess it's better than the other top he picked. I take it from him and walk over to my bed. He stand there watching me.

"Well," I gesture towards the door, but he just continues to stare at me, not understanding what I' saying. "leave," I say clearly.

"Why? You were gonna change in front of me before." He smirks.

"That's because I forgot you were in the room."

"Sure you did," he says as I push him out the door. Once it's closed, and locked, I change quickly and we head over to registration to get my books.

"Your total is $197.27," the middle-aged balding lady states as she hands me my four school textbooks. My jaw nearly drops to the floor. It's four freaking books! Four books that I will have to return at the end of the semester anyways, and I don't get a refund when I do. I knew college was expensive, but this is just ridiculous. I'm still standing there shell-shocked when Harry interrupts.

"Hi.." He looks at her name tag. "..Agnes. I was wondering if your supervisor, John, is around? Could you maybe ask him to process her purchase?" He flashes her his prize winning smile. She blushes slightly.

"I'll go get him." She hurries off to the back.

"What are you doing? Your not paying for my books!" I snap. What's up with him always trying to use his money on me?