Chapter 27

Hey guys! So I decided that for a few of the chapters there would be theme songs that you could maybe listen to while reading to really enhance your reading experience of Memory :) That being said for this and the next chapter, the theme song is Story of My Life by One Direction. It just came out today and I absolutely loooove it!! The acoustics are amazing and it has kind of a country feel to it which I absolutely adore because I personally love country music! Anyways, what do you guys think of the song? I also chose it because it goes great with the setting and feel of these two chapters :) Enjoy and Happy Reading! xo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the heck is he taking me? We've been driving for just over an hour now. We've passed the beach, Rodeo Drive, Universal and The Walk of Fame already. Are we even in LA anymore?

The city scape has been replaced with long narrow beaten uphill roads and bushy tropical tree surroundings. It's actually quite nice. The sun is shinning down from clear sky above, the colours of the greenery around us shooting by in blurbs as the we speed down the path, the crisp breeze cooling me from the heat and blowing my long wavy hair away from my face wildly behind me. It feels so freeing, so refreshing. I feel like I'm in one of those surreal 70's movies sitting in Harry's light blue classic convertible. Like Grease or something.

He veers off the main road onto a dirt path. Well this is creepy.

"If you were planning on murdering me, let me just remind you that El and Allie know I'm out with you." I state pointedly and he chuckles. "You know, I would've much rather preferred Disneyland over some weird place in the middle of nowhere," I add.

"You won't be saying that in a couple of seconds," Harry replies with a small smile as he brings the car to a slow. What is he talking about? He kills the engine just in front of a large clearing and my eyes behold the grand panoramic sight.

The mountainous grassy Californian terrain merged together with the bustling city of Los Angeles sits before my very eyes. I can see the few large villa-style houses adding some colour to the forest green hills nearest to our spot. Behind them are the scattered assortment of city buildings, with the silhouettes of the downtown LA skyscrapers standing out. In the farthest off distance, you can see the deep aqua ocean meeting with the lighter gradient blue tint of the sky. From this vantage point, the colour of the sea is deeper and bluer than the shade of Harry's eyes. It's such a beautiful sight that I'm at a loss for words. It's, it's...just incredible!

"Told you," he smiles as he observes my reaction. Jeez, I probably look an idiot with my jaw hanging wide open in pure amazement. I close it immediately.

"Yeah, okay," I admit. This is a hundred times better than Disneyland, or anywhere else I suspected he would take me to. I'm so glad he didn't decide to take me a lavish restaurant. Any other rich guy probably would've. It's where most girls would love to go for their birthdays, but for me, it's this.

I hear Harry hop out of the car but I make no effort to take my eyes off of the stunning view. It's bewitching, really. A few moments pass and suddenly I'm no longer staring at great landscape, but at the back of Harry's head with his hands folded behind it.

"Do you mind? You're blocking my view," I inform. He ignores me and closes his eyes, basking in the sunlight. "Heeellooo?!" I knock on the glass of the windshield lightly. He grumbles.

"The smart thing to do would be to get out of the car, lazy Bee! You can join me out here if you want, no one is stopping you. The view is much better from out here anyways," he replies haughtily with his eyes still closed. I let out a breathy ugh, before stepping out of the car. He opens his eyes and pats the spot on the hood next to him.