Chapter 53

Harry's POV

I park on the side on the road as opposed to the driveway like I normally would because I know that those parking spots tend to get blocked up throughout the night as more people find their way inside and I don't plan on staying long. I step out, shutting the door and clicking the lock button as I make my way to the door of the frat house.

As I near the house I notice the cluster of frat boys at the front of the house, most of which I am acquainted with quite well. On any other occasion I would probably walk right up to the porch and strike up a conversation, maybe even hit on on of the many girls flirting with the group of them right now, but today I'm just not in the mood. I'm here for one thing and one thing only and I'm not going to waste my time small talking with a bunch of shit heads all night. So before I get too close, I strategically duck out of their view and take the back entrance, knowing that the meeting place was set for behind the house anyways.

Making my way around the side of the house, I notice not many people are here yet, which is what I had hoped when I decided to come early for once. I know for a fact that Louis and them are going to be late, which is why I usually arrive at these things late whenever I go with them, so I made it a point to leave earlier so I wouldn't have to run into them or deal with their shit.

When I reach the back of the house I step onto the deck and look out onto the water, not seeing the person I am looking for in sight, so I grab a beer from one of the coolers and lean my elbows on the deck, waiting.

Despite the the pumping of the bass which can be heard from inside and the constant chatter of semi-drunk teens around me, staring at the water, even in the dark, relaxes me. My mind drift and soon I am once again thinking of her.

I wonder what she's doing right now, how she's been taking all of this. Has she been as miserable as I am these past few days? Has she been better or worse? For a moment, my mind holds onto the small hope that she'll be here tonight, but I know that's it's highly unlikely. I'm not even up for coming here tonight, and I actually like parties. There's no way she would agree to go to something like this tonight, unless... she was forced.

My mind goes back to a couple months ago, before all of this shit went down, before us. How she looked the last time we were here. It was the frat's Halloween party.

~

"Hey guys!" Brit calls out to my friends on the couches, finally letting go of my arm to go and greet them.

I trudge behind her slowly, glad Louis and them finally showed up so that I wouldn't have Brit attached to my side every damn second any longer.

"Hey Brit, uh, nice costume," El says, though knowing her for as long as I have it's obvious her compliment is fake as hell. Brittany doesn't seem to notice though and so she thanks her genuinely.

I do a once over of everyone, until my eyes land on her.

I'm surprised, to say the least. I wouldn't have pegged her for the party type, especially dressed like that. I can't help but stare at the way the leather of her cat woman costume hugs the curves I hadn't even knew she had.

Damn, without all those baggy ass man clothes she wears all the time Bree is actually fucking hot.

She notices me staring, a confused look in her eyes and I quickly recover from my initial shock, but can't help but glance her way when she turns her attention to Liam who greets me.

Goddamn, she's gorgeous.

~

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel someone poke me from behind.