Chapter 12

Make sure to read the Author's Note at the bottom to find out what the Big Announcement is!!! Xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing here?" Harry spits. What's up with him? Just a minute ago he was cocky smirking Harry and now he's rude and dark Harry. His mood swings give me whiplash.

"I was here to start on an extra credit art piece I was working on in the art building," Zayn says to me, avoiding the death glares Harry is giving him. Is it because of Zayn. I suspected something was going on back at Starbucks, but now I know there was. What could it be? Harry seems to really despise Zayn. Not just like hate despise but really really despise. Like he wants to kill him, type of despise.

"Who goes to school 3 days before it starts on a weekend?" Harry huffs. Zayn chooses to ignore Harry's rude remark.

"So, how've you been?" Zayn asks me as he flashes his cute grin. He looks different when he's not behind the Starbucks counter wearing his uniform. He's dressed in black jeans, a black leather jacket on top of a comic strip-looking shirt and checkered vans. He looks really cool. I especially like his shirt. He looks taller now too. But not as tall as Harry.

"Oh I've been great! Thanks for asking bro!" He pats Zayn on the shoulder. Actually, it's more like a slap, but Zayn ignores it. He seems like he's sort of back to smirking Harry, but I can see the mocking attitude and hear the sarcasm in his voice. His eyes are filled with absolute hatred. Woah.

Zayn doesn't even look at him but keeps his eyes on me, waiting for my reply.

"I've been good, I finally got to explore around campus and get my books for my classes." I say happily, trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh that's great! Yeah this campus is pretty huge. Maybe I could give you a tour of it sometime. I know my way around pretty well," he says earnestly.

Harry reacts to this immediately.

I see his jaw clench, his fists ball up tightly and his eyes darken from the corner of my eye. "That won't be necessary," he says through clenched teeth. Oh, he's mad. I need to stop this before it gets out of hand. I can already see it going awry from the looks in Harry's eyes right now.

"So, where you headed off to now?" I change the subject. It's the quickest thing I could think of that would hopefully lighten the mood and calm Harry down.

"Oh, I'm on my way to work. Yeah, I have like a 7 hour shift today." He gives me a tired frown. Aw, I feel for him. He really looks overworked and tired. I could see the bags under his eyes.

"Aw, good luck. Well at least your making money." I try to show him the bright side to give him a bit more encouragement and energy to last the day.

"Yeah, but not enough." He sigh. Harry stand there like a stoney-faced statue. He still looks mad, but he doesn't look like he's ready to pounce, like before. He regains movement and speaks.

"Well, It was uh, good seeing you again Zack but we best be on our way." He wraps his strong arm tightly around my waist. What is he doing?

Zayn's eyes shift to Harry's arm. His face falls slightly. "It's Zayn," he says in a monotone voice. His eyes go back to mine. "Uh, yeah I best be heading off too. Don't wanna be late for work," he chuckles awkwardly while placing his palm at the back of his neck. "Bye Bree."

Harry's tightens on my hip as he quickly leads me away from Zayn. I turn my head back to him and give him a small apologetic wave. I see a small frown on his face before I turn to face forward again.