Chapter 28

Hey all! I'm sooo sooo sorry I haven't updated till now. I have been so busy lately and I honestly got a bit stumped on what was gonna happen next. But I'm back and I will try to get back to my regularly scheduled updates! To all you still reading, thank you for continuing to support and read Memory! It really means a lot to me and I can't thank you enough. That being said, enjoy this chapter! Let me know your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote! I love you all <3 Happy Reading! Xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky gradually fades to outstandingly vibrant shades of bright orange and purple hues as the car is finally brought to a halt and the engine is cut. We are a large lot in the middle of what looks to be like a vast flatland park. I can see a strip of the wide ocean on the far side of the field behind the scattered amount of lively green trees. There are few other cars parked in the lot but not a single person besides us is in sight. Well, at least there is more evidence of human presence here than the last place.

I didn't bother pressing Harry for information and details on our destination this time. I knew that he would probably just snap at me to shut up again. Besides, the last place he took me to absolutely blew me away, so I'm sure that whatever he's got planned next will be just as great.

"Wait here, I'll be right back," he mutters before stepping out of the car and stalking off across the parking lot. Where is he going?

Well, this isn't exactly how I pictured his next surprise, but I'm not really complaining. It could be worse. He could be taking me to the Four Seasons for drinks to get me drunk before taking me to some fancy hotel room and forcing me to have sex with him, which I doubt he would do, unless he wanted to get doggie punched in the throat. I'd glad take sitting in a classic convertible alone over any of those fancy places any day. The view is pretty amazing anyways. The way the sunset seems to bounce off of the glistening water in the distance is just mesmerizing.

As I sit there staring as the sun disappears behind the horizon line, I think about the surprisingly wonderful time I've had today with none other than Harry Styles. My mind wanders the way his muscles flexed as I gripped his arm to steady myself from falling. How his hot breath had spread over my nose, lips and neck as he drew in closer; his pupils dilating as I whispered breathlessly into his ear. The air seemed to get muggier and the temperature hotter in that moment as my palms clammed up and my skin was tinted in perspiration.

I can't help but think about what could've happened if I hadn't ruined that perfectly blissful heated moment. What his lips would've felt like pressed against mine. What they would've tasted like and how the kiss would've made me feel. Well, I guess we'll just never know.

A resounding ping pulls me out of my thoughts and I fish through my bag for my phone. Who could be texting me? Harry?

I click on the home screen button and the screen lights up. The message icon banner is displayed along with the name of the sender. My heart both swells and aches at the same time, upon witnessing it.

Dad

New Text Message

I reread what is written in the small banner, soaking in the words before I swipe my thumb across it to open up the message. My eyes behold the the long passage written by my father.

He's not a man too fond of writing soliloquies or writing anything deep and personal for that matter, but I guess this is an exception. I brace myself for a whirlwind of emotions as I begin to scroll through his message.

From: Dad

Happy 18th Birthday my little Honey Bee!

I can't believe my little girl is all grown up!