Chapter 10

Chapter 10 guys! Wow that was fast! It feels like just yesterday I was thinking about what to write about. I hope you're all enjoying it so far! I would really love to know what you guys think so keep commenting! And voting :) Thank you all so much for everything! Enjoy ! Xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your mom is nice. You guys seem really close," Harry says, after what feels like hours of sneaking stares at each other in silence.

Close? I hardly see the woman! She lives like across the continent! Well, she used to. I guess now it's more like across the city, which feels a bit weird after being so far away from her for so long. We aren't that close, compared to me and my dad, but I guess that's different since he practically raised me during my teenage years. We do have an okay mother-daughter relationship though. I don't despise her, though maybe I do hold a bit of anger towards her at times. She really just gave up on the family after Ben died. But I would never voice this resentment to her face.

"We're not that close. I'm closer to my dad." I tell him.

"You must have a really good relationship with your parents then," he mumbles.

"Don't you?"

"Uh, I guess. I mean, they weren't to strict with me and my sister, growing up. We could practically get away with most things, since they were away on business a lot and left us with the nannies. We got loads of presents on Christmas and on our birthdays, but I wouldn't say we had a close relationship with our parents. Maybe my sister did. They were always so proud of her achievements and I was kind just there, always in her shadow. I don't know, I guess the relationship didn't always feel like it should between a child and their parents. Not like how it seems with you and yours." He plays with his fork as he reveals his deepest feeling to me.

Wow. I didn't know Harry could be so...real. He can be a real bratty spoiled jerk sometimes but at other times he can be so sweet and emotional. It's sort of confusing, but I had no idea that he felt this way growing up. Maybe the way he grew up is the reason why he's like this.

I know I can't really relate.

I wasn't spoiled with gifts as a supplement for my parents' absence or was I ignored when I achieved things. My parents weren't very rich, but they were proud of my brother and I, and they tried their best to raise us the right way. I've never felt so grateful for the parents I have, until now.

"You have a sister?" Is all I can muster up to say while the realization of Harry swirls around in brain.

"Yeah, her name's Gemma. She's a couple years older, but we get along pretty well, most of the time. She used to go to UCLA too, until she graduate."

"That's a unique name" I wish I had a unique name. Bridget is pretty common. That's one of the reasons why I still use Bree. My dad started the nickname when I was young, then everyone in the family just started catching on. "it's uniquer than Harry," I smirk.

"Hey! Harry is a sexy name!" He winks. And cocky Harry is back.

"Sure it is, Harry Potter," I tease. He sneers at me and I laugh genuinely.

"We should get going," he says as he gets up and pulls a fifty from his wallet. I don't think so.

"You're not paying" I challenge as I pull out forty from my own wallet.

"Yes I am. Besides, yours only gives like a two dollar tip."

"The service was slow." I'm pretty sure it took more than 20 minutes for them to serve us our food. But maybe my gut wrenching hunger made it seem like a longer wait than it actually was. But whatever, I've never really been a big tipper anyways.

"It still more courteous to leave a decent tip. These people work hard, they deserve it."

"12 dollars isn't a decent tip, it's whopping tip."

"Not in my book."

"I'm paying," I persists.

"Not your not. Now grab your bag and get up. We're leaving." He raises his voice slightly. He's so commanding.

"I'm not getting up until you let me pay." He's not the boss of me. I'm not gonna let him win. He rolls his eyes.

"Ugh, fine. You're so freaking stubborn." So are you. "Here, give me your forty." I hand it to him and he stuffs it in his pocket. "Now let's go." I get up and we drive back to my dorm.

"So what's your plans for today?" he asks me when we are parked in front of Rieber Hall.

"I still need to pick up my books and get to know my way around campus before school starts on Tuesday." I still have so much to do and it's already Saturday!

"Cool. Let's go." He opens the car door and jumps out before shutting it again. What?

"Let's go? Go where?" I question as I get out of my side.

"Get your books and tour around campus."

"I didn't ask you to come with me."

"I know. I volunteered." Well, un-volunteer.

"What if I don't want you to come with me?" Which I don't. He pouts and puffs out his lower lip. Is he seriously giving me the puppy dog face right now?

"Come on, you can't honestly go do all that stuff by yourself. You don't even know where anything is, you just got here yesterday! I've been going to school here for a year and I practically knew my way around since I was 15! Who better to give you the ultimate tour?" He does have a point.

"Fine, but it better be a damn freaking good tour," I huff and head in the direction of the main building.

"Uh, where are you going?"

"To the main registration offices. To get my books." I thought he said he knew his way around campus?

"We're going to your dorm first."

"Why?"

"You heard your mom, you need to change that ghastly outfit pronto!" Ghastly?

"She didn't say ghastly." I'm pretty sure she didn't say something as harsh as that.

"We'll that's what it is." Ouch, that actually hurt.

"We're just going around campus, not to a fancy restaurant, Harry."

"You don't need to be going to a fancy restaurant to not dress like a slob."

"We'll if a certain boy wasn't in my room when my mom knocked on the door, forcing me to throw on the easiest clothes to wear over my pyjamas, maybe I would look a little more presentable now."

"Please, we all know that you would wear that on a regular day anyways." That's true.

"No I wouldn't," I lie.

"Don't worry, Allie probably has something you can wear." He winks again.

He steps behind me and grips my shoulders, pushing me in the direction of my dorm.