Chapter 32

This is the first chapter of the Halloween chapters of Memory! Enjoy! xo

I would also like to dedicate this chapter to @AnarchyNerd! Thank you for all your advice, assistant and your support with this novel, you are the best & I want to make sure that you know that you're greatly appreciated :)

Happy Reading, Memorians! xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the month went on in pretty much the same way. My day usually consisted of school, work and studying, when I finally got home from my long busy day. The typical life of your average middle-class college student.

With my heavily packed schedule, I barely had any time to myself; just to hang out and relax with friends for a whole day. I hadn't really hung out with anyone in quite a while, since El and Allie had their own jobs to tackle as well, and at the end of the day, we were all too tired to do anything fun. It's not like I minded it, really. I still saw them every day and it's not like all my responsibilities kept me from socializing altogether.

Over the past month, I've spent a lot of time getting to know Zayn a bit better; him being my coworker, and all. I have gotten to know more about his family and childhood, how he got into loving art, and that though he works at Starbucks, he doesn't care too much for heated beverages. I have also come to find out all of the little things about Zayn. Like, how he tends to bit his lip when he's thinking, or how his eyes crinkle when he laughs really hard, or even that he smokes occasionally when no one is looking; a habit I am personally, not a fan of.

However, he isn't the only person I've seemed to be in constant interaction with. Surprisingly, I've been seeing a lot of Harry as well, and not just because he's in my fourth period psychology class. It was like I saw him just as much as I did Zayn. When it wasn't across the room in psyche class, it was across the bar counter at Starbucks. Since I started working here, Harry's visits appeared to have doubled. Before school, after school, and on the weekends, it seemed he was always here, at the same spot, ordering a more elaborate and complicated drink than the last, each time with a different girl. Even now, it still bothers me to watch his womanizing ways occur right in front of me. The only positive thing that comes out of his frequent visits are the whooping tips he leaves. Most of the time, he gives me at least five bucks more than he should; so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

Still, it doesn't seem like his little quest for revenge hasn't worn itself out yet. He's still mad. Probably even more now, since I got the job at Starbucks, with Zayn. I guess that's that then. Eventually we'll both move on and the rest of my college years can go on as planned. It's for the best anyways. I probably never would've been able to deal with being in a relationship anyways. What was I thinking?

Luckily he's not here right now. He'd definitely overhear my conversation with El and Allie at the bar, which mainly consists of him; a topic constantly insinuated by my roommates.

"I just don't understand it. He was head over heels for you a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe he's doing all this just because you may have hurt his pride a bit," Allie says as she takes a sip of her cotton candy-well, sort of cotton candy, since I accidentally added too much raspberry syrup-frap. She doesn't seem to mind though, so that's good. Sadly, I can't say the same about the other customers whose drinks I've messed up.

"Well, you know guys. Their pride is a huge deal to them, especially with Harry," El points out as she shifts in her seat on the wooden barstool.

"Aw that's too bad. I really thought things would work out between you two, Bree. We all could have been the trio power couples," Allie tells me.