Chapter 52

Here's your weekend update as promised! Sorry this is another shortie chap :( There's going to be a few POV switches and it makes more sense if it's cut down in length this way so please bear with me, I'm doing it for a reason! Happy reading :) x

--------

"How's my little honey Bee doing?" My dad coos into receiver as soon as he picks up the phone.

"I've been alright," I lie to my father, thankful my face can't give me away through the phone.

"Excited to finally be on break?" He asks as I push open the door to exit work. I had to work a double shift today since Zayn decided to use his vacation days to go back home for the holidays.

"More than you know, dad." I say truthfully. Even though I've managed to dodge encountering Harry on campus and in class (mainly due to his lack of attendance) it was still great to not have to worry about school work, which was proving to be very hard to concentrate on these past few weeks with everything going on in my personal life.

"I still can't believe they're making you work during the holidays!" My father says with an exasperated sigh, making me feel extremely guilty.

"I know..." I agree with him half-heartedly. "One of the other employees already booked time off for the break so they needed me to work." It was half true. Zayn did book time off for the break. However, I offered to work his shifts since I just wasn't up for spending the holidays back home. Especially with the fact that Allie was going home and our parents were apparently an item now. She needed her space, she made that very clear.

"That's too bad, I was really looking forward to spending Christmas where it actually snowed." He says and I immediately register his words, confused.

"W-Wait, what?"

"Oh come on, you didn't expect me to just break our tradition of spending Christmas together now did you?" He chuckles on the other line. "I fly in Sunday." He says and I almost can't believe my ears.

"W-What are you serious?! Dad, oh my God!" My voice comes out giddy and a few decibels louder than before, unable to contain my excitement. "I thought you were looking forward to spending the holidays with Allie's mom, though?" I scrunch my nose saying this, still not over the fact that my father and her mother are together.

"I was looking forward to all of us spending Christmas together. Besides, I want to give the girls some alone time together and plus, I'll be back before New Years so there will be time then." I frown, wishing that my father could've spent more than just a couple of days in town.

"What do you mean? Isn't Niall gonna be there too?" I question, remembering that Maura also has a son.

"Oh no honey, didn't Allie tell you? Niall isn't coming home this year. Something about he and Allie getting into a fight over something and him just being too busy." My dad states plainly though he his words impact me more than intended.

No, of course Allie hasn't told me anything, I haven't spoken to her since the day in the dorm room with Harry. Since then she's made it a point to not have anything to do with me. She's been staying over at Liam's for the past week and the only time I've seen her is when she came to the dorm to pack her bags for her trip home and I so happened to be there. Luckily, I was just about to leave for work, so I was able to avoid the awkwardness of the encounter. What does he mean Allie and Niall got into a fight, though? What about, I wonder but have an inkling on the subject.

"Well, that's too bad," I dismiss the subject, not wanting to clue my dad in to the fact that Allie and I are currently on the rocks. "I'm just glad I'll finally get to see you again!"