Chapter 8

Well the last chapter ended on a pretty interesting note. What do you think is gonna happen now? It could go good or bad, really. Bree could either freak out and kick him out the day after, or things could get steamy! Luckily you guys don't have to wait to find out ;) Happy Reading! Xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's that sound?

My phone lets out another buzz.

Who's calling me?

Why is my pillow so damn hard?

I open my eyes and I am greeted with the sight of Harry's sleeping face. What the fuck? What happened?

The memory of yesterday comes back to me. The nightmare, Harry in my room, watching the movie, and falling asleep? I stare at Harry's tranquil face. There's a small smile on his face. My head is on his chest and his arm is wrapped around my waist. His chest is so hard.

Despite falling asleep on a rock, I actually feel well rested, which is really odd. Usually after I have the dream, I can't sleep properly the rest of the night. But yesterday, I managed to sleep almost immediately. That's weird. Harry's eyes flutter slightly. That usually means someone is dreaming. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

My phone buzzes again. I groan and reach over to grab it, still not fully awake. Harry is on top of it so I have to reach under him a bit to grab it. He doesn't stir.

"Hello?" I say into the receiver groggily.

"Hello? Who is this? Harry?" A male voice is on the other end. Who is this? Why is he asking for Harry? Is that Louis?

"Louis?" I question hesitantly. How did he get my number?

"Bree?! Why are you answering Harry's phone?" WHAT? I take the phone off of my ear and focus my vision on it. Crap! This is Harry's phone! Oh, God.

"Uh, I-I'm um..." I rack my brain trying to think of an explanation.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you two were... I'll just leave you guys alone. Sorry I bothered you. Um, bye Bree." Louis says awkwardly. Wait what?

"No no, Louis wait! I--" The phone beeps and the screen goes black. Fuck!

Harry's arm tightens around my waist and he stirs.

"What's going on?" he asks in a raspier voice than usual. His morning voice is hot. Did I actually just think that? I must still be tired.

He opens his eyes and stares at me in confusion.

"W-What's wrong?" He rubs his eyes with one hand, the other still around my waist.

"Ugh!" I sigh and collapse my head back on a pillow in defeat. This day is not off to a good start.

He runs his hand through my hair. "Are you okay? Why are you holding my phone?" he ponders in a soft voice.

"Because I thought it was mine and it was ringing. I picked it up and it was Louis. He recognized my voice and now he thinks we, um you know..." I mumble into his chest. "Ugh."

"Hey, relax. Don't worry.." he coos calmly, still stroking my head. "He won't tell anyone." Oh thank God! I can just imagine Allie's intense squealing and interrogation if she found out. At least now I won't have to go through that. "Unless they're near him," he adds. Oh great. I groan.

"But that's probably unlikely, Liam dropped them all off yesterday." Oh that's right. Wait. If he dropped them off, then shouldn't they be here? I get up instantly. El and Allie's bed are empty.

"They're not here," I tell him.

"They all stayed over at Liam's last night." He is holding his phone. Oh shit. So they're all still with Louis now.

"Great!" I sigh sarcastically.

"Look's like we all had sleepovers," he grins. There it is again. I throw a pillow at his face.

"Kinda late for a pillow fight, don't you think Bee?" Stop calling me that! I throw another pillow at him. "If you insist," he says before he ambushes me.

A pillow whips me hard in the face. Jeez, he plays rough. I try to fire back but he hits me again. He's too strong. He pins my back down on the bed. I'm defeated, he won.

"That was fun." He smirks as he hovers over me. His green eyes burn into my grey ones.

His features soften as he continues to look at me. He leans down, his face inching closer and closer to my own. My heart beat quickens erratically. Is he gonna--

There's a loud knocking at the door. Both our heads jerk up.

"Bridget honey, are you there?" a familiar voice comes through the wall. Mom? Shit! I jump out of my bed.

"Who's that?" Harry whispers. He gets up too.

"My mother!" I hiss. His eyes widen.

"Oh shoot!" He fixes his bed head and I throw him his jean jacket. He has it on in seconds.

I look down. I'm still in my pyjamas. I need to change! I pull my shirt up halfway, until I realize that Harry's still in my room. He's gawking at me. I push it back down and hurry over to my closet to pull out a pair of sweats and a flannel shirt. I put them on over the clothes I'm wearing.

She knocks again.

"I'm coming mom, hold on!" I holler. I fix the sheets on my bed and Harry stands by the door.

After a deep breath, I open the door.

"Bree! Oh honey, I've missed you so much! How was your flight? Good? Are you all settled in?" she exclaims in a flurry. She asks just as many questions as Allie. And Harry. Her eyes scan my small dorm and they rest on Harry.

"Well hello there! Who's this? I thought the dorms were not co-ed, Bree?" she gives me a concerned parent look.

"They're not. This is Harry, my um, friend."

"It's a pleasure to meet you mrs..." Harry jumps in and shakes her hand.

"Oh please, call me Amy," she beams as she takes his hand in both of hers. "It is very nice to meet you Harry. Such a handsome young man!" she exclaims.

"Well, I try my best. It's quite hard trying to keep up with your gorgeous daughter. Now I can see where she get's her stunning beauty from," he replies, giving her his prize winning Harry smile. Are you serious? Is this actually happening right now?

"And quite the charmer! Oh my, my daughter's got quite the catch!" What?

"Actually mom, we're--" I try to explain.

"I believe it's the other way around Amy," Harry cuts me off. He moves closer to me. What the hell is he doing?

My mother giggles. "You should hold on to this one, hon," she whispers loudly to me. Harry smirks at me.

"I--"

"Well! Seeing as it seems like your all settled in. How about brunch?" she interrupts. Great! I'm starving. I can't believe it's already almost noon! I guess we slept in longer than I thought. I turn to Harry to get him to leave.

"Harry! Would you care to join us?" she offers. Please say no.

"Actually Harry was--"

"I would love to!" he exclaims in the middle of my sentence. Am I even here?

"Fantastic! Shall we go to IHOP?"

"Yeah sure," I mumble quietly. It's not like they would hear me if I said it loudly, anyways.

This is Harry and Amy time. Bree is just the invisible tag-along. As always.