Chapter 14

For some reason, I think you guys will really like this chapter :) Please vote if you do ! Xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're here!" Allie lets out in a half squealing and half giddy screaming voice. This shakes me out of my thoughts of, well, a certain curly haired green-eyed boy. Why does my mind always end up trailing back to thoughts of him?

"Oh my gosh! The water looks absolutely incredible!" Allie exclaims. I look out the window from my seat in the back of Eleanor's Mini Cooper. Of course I got stuck being squished into the back seat, it's so freaking claustrophobic back here! The dazzling blue-green water meets my eyes. Wow! It really does look incredible! Much better than the water in Toronto!

Back home, we were nowhere near an ocean. We had Lake Ontario, but it wasn't the same swimming in algae infested lake water with absolutely no fish. I always preferred swimming in the actual ocean, there was much more to see. I always used to go with Ben. We would swim around for hours, snorkelling and trying to catch fish. We never really caught any, but we never gave up trying. Ben caught one once, but my mother made him put it back. She's a real nature lover.

The ocean now looks different from when I last saw it, almost 7 years ago. From this vantage point, it looks much lighter and blue-greenish as opposed to the dark blue I remember. Maybe the water in Los Angeles is different from the one in San Francisco. The water here kind reminds me of Harry's eyes, but his are a bit more green in colour. They seem to sparkle in the same way, though. Ugh, my mind just went back to him again! See what I mean?

I notice that El and Allie are already out of the car waiting for me. I press the latch on the seat in front me to push the seat down as I climb out the front passenger-side door.

"C'mon, the guys are already by the stage!" Eleanor announces and we follow her down the beach. So I guess by guys she means Louis, Liam and Harry. Well, Allie will be thrilled! I wonder if she and Liam are dating yet? Probably not, but then again, they did make out and had a sleepover on the first day they met. I'm pretty sure Allie would've mentioned it already if they were, though.

After what seems like hours waking on the boardwalk, we finally get to the area where they are holding the school party. It's fairly near the water, on the far side of the beach. They have a small stage set up for the entertainment, long tables at back for finger foods and drinks, and a large area for college kids to dance like strippers. Right now there isn't any performers on stage, but there's loud music playing thought the speakers that everyone is dancing to. Not me of course, I don't dance.

Eleanor leads us up closer to the stage where I spot Louis, just Louis. Maybe, it's just Louis who is coming. I feel both relief and slight disappointment.

"Hey girls! Glad you all came!" Louis beams as he wraps his arm around El's waist and kisses her lightly on the cheek. Aw, they're really kinda cute together. I can't believe Harry is the reason why they're together. I mean, Harry doesn't seem like the person who could be responsible for bring two people who seem perfect for each other, together.

"Where's Li and Harry?" Allie asks curiously. She's already got a nickname for him? This must be serious!

"Oh, they're backstage setting up." Louis replies. Setting up? Wow! I also didn't picture Harry as the type who helped out at a school function. I didn't think he'd ever helped or lifted a finger for anyone but himself. I guess I was wrong. Maybe my first impression of Harry was wrong. Maybe Harry isn't really the arrogant and spoiled boy that I made him out to be. Maybe there's a lot more to Harry than meets the eye. For some reason, I hope that I am right because this Harry actually seems like a good friend to have. Maybe even more than that. I shake the last thought out of my head,I'm not gonna go there right now.