Chapter 48

Hello wonderful people! As promised here is this week's update of Memory! So glad to be back on weekly updates :) The song for this chapter is Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran , a song he sings beautifully live in concert, btw ;) Enjoy! xxx
----------------------------------------

Harry's POV

"I-I love you, Bree," my words come out before I even get a chance to fully process them in my own mind, though they are absolutely, 100% true. I am completely, truly, madly, deeply in love with this girl. It took me a while to grasp at first, but the deeper I fell, the harder I felt the pull she had on me, which is what made every part of this so damn difficult.

"Yeah, I'm really going to believe that now after you lied to me for four fucking months!" She laughs, actually fucking laughs right in my face and it feels as if swords are being pierced through my heart. Well, that is in no way how I pictured her response being when I confessed my love for her.

She is enraged, steaming mad in a way that I have never seen her before. I usually find it cute when she gets all red-faced and angry, but this, this is something else entirely. It is a sight that both pains and repulses me at the same time. A face I never wish to see again. It's the face of anguish.

"You know what? I hope you rot in your fucked up little hell hole of a life because let me tell you something, no one, and I mean no one, will ever love you, me included. You are a disgusting human being and I can't believe I ever wasted my time getting to know you. Goodbye, Harry." And with the that, she storms off, leaving me alone in a bubble full of my own regret and sorrow.

If only she knew that saying this to her and ending things in this way is breaking my heart just as much as it's breaking hers. If only she knew the truth.

I wake up in a sweat, tangled in my sheets as the door to my bedroom opens and light from the hallway floods in, stinging my squinted eyes.

"Jeez man, it's nearly three o'clock in the afternoon, are you serious?" Louis comes barging into my room, uninvited. I groan as he takes a seat at the foot my bed, attempting to shield my eyes with my sheets.

"I'm worried about you bro, you're a mess. You're skipping all your classes, you've barely left your room let alone your house, and you smell like fucking horse shit." He exclaims. Louis was never one to sugarcoat anything. "Look, we all know what happened with Bree but dude, you've never been like this with a girl before, what's up?"

I don't reply. I just stare at him blankly, willing him to leave and allow me to return to my midday slumber and the dreams of Bree that haunt me.

What's up? Maybe I just unwillingly dumped the potential love of my life against my own free will and now she hates me and has basically cursed me to live a life alone, but other than that nothing much. I quietly think in my head.

He stays firm though and continues to express his concern.

"Come on Haz, apparently Bree is doing fine." Now this catches my interest.

"You talked to her?" I question, my voice coming out cracked and raspy due to my lack of verbal communication the last few days.

"No, but El says she's at least going to school and keeping up with personal hygiene, which is twice more than you." How can she not be affected by this? Shouldn't she be the one sulking in her room? I was the one who dumped her, not the other way around, as far as I can remember. What the hell is happening to me?

"Come on dude, Liam and I are headed to the campus bar for a couple rounds, you should come with. After you've cleaned yourself up, of course, because I sure as hell am not being seen out in public with you looking like that." He scrunches up his nose in disgust.