Kabanata 47

Kabanata 47

No worries

Aiden's POV

I was holding wine glass as I watched the waves. My hand immediately grabbed the phone beside me when it's rang.

"Xian arrived at the venue."

"You can rest now." I drank the remaining wine before continued. "You're no longer my secretary."

"Should I go there?"

A smile formed to my lips. "No, I'm fine. Don't worry." I got the bottle of wine in the table to pour my glass.

The sound of waves went to my ears. I closed my eyes as cold wind touched my face. My heart was aching every time I saw tears from Scarlet's eyes. It's funny how I realized that Xian was right... I'm just an asshole dog loyal to his dad. I've been doing what he wants me to do and I regret about that. I failed to appreciate the love of people who really cares for me.

Scarlet doesn't have any idea that I was sleeping in her house; in the couch. Every night I heard her crying and it's fucking broke my heart. I want to ease all her pains but I can't let her go because I love her.

I went to Manhattan New York to meet Raven Melegrito before the release of our new game application. He sent me an email so; I hurriedly accept his offer to have a coffee. I lifted the tea cup and took a sip. A guy wearing black suit and sun glass walked towards my table.

"You must be Raven Melegrito." I raised my hand to get waiter's attention. "Tito Liam?" gulat kong tanong habang nakatingin sakan'ya.

He took off his sunglass as he sits.

"Tito Liam?"

Ginawaran n'ya ako ng ngiti bago nilapag sa mesa ang kan'yang hawak.

"Ikaw si Raven Melegrito?"

"It's been a long time, Aiden..."

Xian got his eyes.

"How have you been?"

"Are you planning to take over our company?" pag-iiba ko ng usapan. Kinuha ko ang nilapag na kape ng waiter at agad itong ininom. "Bakit hindi mo sinabi kay daddy na ikaw ang tumulong sakan'ya?"

"Magkaibigan kami kaya natural lang na tulungan ko s'ya." He got the tea cup and took a sip. "I don't want to brag it. Actually I'm not Raven Melegrito; he's a good friend of mine."

Tumango-tango ako bago nagpakawala ng mahinang tawa. "You helped him but you want to get his company."

Nilapag n'ya ang kan'yang hawak. "No," iiling-iling n'yang sabi. "I'm no longer investing in your company."

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at him.

"It was your mom."

Mistula akong napako sa aking kinauupuan. Pa'no nangyari 'yon? Simula nang masunog ang bahay na tinitirhan n'ya hindi ko na s'ya nakita. Bakit hindi n'ya manlang ako kinausap?

"What do you mean?"

Tinukod n'ya ang dalawang siko sa mesa at matiim akong tinitigan. "I will let her to explain it to you." Kinuha n'ya ang calling card sa kan'yang bulsa. "Call her." Tinapik n'ya ako sa balikat bago tumayo.

Nakatitig lang ako sa aking hawak.

Tasha Perez, CEO of Everlastgame Company.

Bakit hindi n'ya manlang ako hinanap? Halos araw-araw iniisip ko kung maayos lang ba ang kalagayan n'ya. Hindi n'ya manlang naisip na nag-aalala ako sakan'ya.