Kabanata 33

Kabanata 33

Don't leave

Xian's POV

Inayos ko ang suot kong necktie bago lumabas ng k'warto. Twice a month, we're visiting cemetery. Tumaas ng bahagya ang kilay ko nang makita si Daddy. He's holding one boquet of roses.

"You should fire Scarlet," malamig kong sabi, nanatiling nakapikit habang abala s'ya sa pagmamaneho.

Mahinang tawa lang ang pinakawalan n'ya. He's the one who requested to Director Santos to hire her. My hand opened the car window to let the wind touch my face. I laid one bouquet of mixed white and red roses to Mom's grave. Umupo si Daddy sa harap nito. Nakangiti s'ya habang pinagmamasdan ang nakalagay na pangalan dito.

"I hope our son will give me grandchildren before I die."

"What nationality you want?" Umupo ako sa tabi n'ya at kumuha ng isang pirasong rosas. "I can give you grandchildren as much as you want but they are all having different mother."

"No, thanks," iiling-iling n'yang sabi. "I want to have grandchildren with the girl you love." Tinapik n'ya ang balikat ko, nanatiling nakatingin sa puntod ni Mom.

Ngumuso ako at nilapag ang hawak. "That won't happen. Scarlet was already engaged to Aiden." Tumawa ako ng mahina. "I guess you will die without having grandchildren."

Tumayo s'ya at pinagpagan ang suot n'yang itim na suit. "Did you stop loving her?"

Walang kahit anong lumabas sa aking bibig. Tinuon ko ang atens'yon sa mga taong nakaupo sa harapan ng ibang puntod.

"You shouldn't stop loving Scarlet just because someone owned her."

Tumaas ng bahagya ang kilay ko.

"Love is not about give and take. You'll stop loving her because she can't love you back?" Mahinang tawa ang pinakawalan n'ya. "That's not love, Xian."

His words hit me!

"It's okay to love her even she was engaged?" tanong ko na hindi s'ya tinitingnan. "Damn! You want me to torture myself?"

"If the only thing you got was pain while loving her that was torture. But in your case, pain was not the only thing you got. You also feel happy; she gave you happiness that no one can give. Let's say, that pain was your pay to the happiness you'd got." Umupo s'ya sa tabi ko. "Your situation reminds me of my past self."

Kumunot ang noo ko kasabay ng pagbaling ng atens'yon sakan'ya.

"Your mom was engaged to Richard Thompson. Their families are business partners before," malalim na hininga ang hinugot s'ya bago nagpatuloy, "that's why they arranged Xendra to Richard. That time, she was my girlfriend." Umukit ang ngiti sa labi n'ya. His eyes were filled of happiness. "But they forced her to break up with me."

Tinaas ko ang aking kilay kasabay ng pag nguso bago tumingin sa litrato na nasa puntod.

"Despite of it, I didn't stop loving her. Two days before their marriage, her Dad found out that Richard's family was betraying them. They cancelled their marriage. All their connections were cut off." Hinimas n'ya ang pangalan ni Mom. "Richard love Xendra so much but he can't do anything to continue their marriage. Years passed, their company almost bankrupt. I was married to your mom and she was pregnant that time. He contacted me to help him."

Umiling ako at tumingala sa langit. "You didn't help him?"

"Your grandfather threatened me. If I will help Richard, he will take Xendra away." Humarap s'ya sa'kin. "I put you and your mom as my first priority that's why I refused."