The Art of KTV

It would be many months before Mr. Princeton revealed to me the Art of KTV.  Most Chinese business used to be conducted at KTV.  I have since been to KTV in multiple cities and multiple times, more times than I can count or remember. Mr. Princeton taught me quite a few interesting things about why business is done at KTV and how to behave and maximize the time. KTV is actually the ultimate testing ground for how crooked your potential business partner will be. The goal of KTV is to get your business associate or partner to relax completely and let their guard down.  You do this by drinking with them, singing songs, tempting them with loose women, and really trying to become buddies with them. The goal is to become as friendly with them as possible in the shortest time possible, and get them to completely drop their guard. Once the guard is down, observe their behaviour.  There are so many temptations at Chinese KTVs, you could be a total asshole, forcing people to drink or to sing when they don't want to do that.  You could be a complete pervert, grabbing the girls, or having sex with them in the washroom. All these things are open for you to do in a closed room with just "friends" and willing parties.  At KTV you must absorb, listen, and look when your potential business partner is going to do any of these things. After the KTV, once you're all drunk, does this potential business partner take the girl home?  If so, is he married or does he have a girlfriend? If they are willing to cheat on their significant others, they will likely cheat you. As you can see, it is the ultimate testing ground of character.