The Dangers of 2009 China

So I arrived in China at Shenzhen Station and I witnessed a bunch of muggings. Then we took a cab and on the street saw someone getting robbed in front of our hotel. We were actually meeting up with people in Guangzhou; we went to Guangzhou’s tallest hotel. We took the train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou, where we visited Rollin's relatives. We took the train straight from Hong Kong all the way into Guangzhou directly with Rollin’s dad. Rollin’s dad let us book a room at the Hotel Canton, the first major hotel in Guangzhou, the first high rise building. I had to meet up with my parents; I ended up leaving Ray and Rollin at the hotel. Rollin's father escorted me to the bus station; I took the bus to Kaiping, where my mom and dad were staying, and met my mom’s side of the family, most of whom reside in Kaiping. The bus station was really packed; there were so many people; I kept an eye on my stuff because it’s really dangerous. I felt the danger, but on the bus I sat next to a man and we started talking. He said he was a police officer visiting his family in Kaiping, and we had a nice long conversation about the current situation in China and how it had already improved a lot and things were getting better.