Chapter 19

"WHY IS SHE A FLAMING BALL OF BLUE FIRE"?!?!?!

"HOW SHOULD I KNOW, YOU'RE HER BEST FRIEND"!!!!!

we both watch in amazement and slight horror at the flaming ball of blue fire that was wink.

-----------)-)-)-)-)------------)-)-)-)-)-)-------------)-)-)-)---------------)-)-)-)-)-)------------((-(-(-(-(-(-(--------(-(-(-(-(

Three hours before

Lizzy's P.O.V

"Are we there yet"?

Both Wink and Jace give me murderous glares. It's not my fault that Jace is so slow. Well I guess I can't blame him since he is carrying all of us. Both me and Wink are on his back , each with a baby and each with a backpack holding what we saved from the wreak. Jace can't run that fast because neither of us is very skilled at holding a baby in one hand and holding on to Jaces fur at the same time.

As Jace runs, I watch the trees and plants that seem to be getting scarier as the day grows into night.

When am I going to tell them what I am? I don't even know that much about shadow lurkers. i haven't even seen another shadow lurker since the day I found out I was one.

"Wait...stop Jace...JASON STOP RUNNING" says Wink looking alarmed .

Jace stops looking startled. He changes into a human.

"What the heck Dracey ? What's wrong"?!!

"You're heading straight towards a trap. The wolves that attacked us probably warned this pack's Alpha".

"Wait you're saying that we are heading into another territory"?

"Yeah...they've set up some kind trap...you have got to go around"!!!

"Around? The whole thing"?

"Yes if want to live"!!!

Jace growls a bit before changing. We get on his back and hold on tight. However as soon as Jace turns around we hear the howls of the wolves.

"They know we know about the traps,run"!

Jace breaks into run. This time into a real one. I have no idea how the heck we were able to hold on, but we did. It seemed like luck was on our side. Jace had time to knock down some big boxes that were right in the middle of the forest , tripping some werewolves while the others just got crushed by the weight. Whatever was in the boxes , saved our lives. And get this Jace even took down a couple of trees. He ran up a tree really fast without falling and with the weight of everything he was carrying , he was able to break the tree to the stump. I actually believed we would get out of this alive. The falling trees were landing straight on top of the wolves and caging them in under all that tree rumble. Hope , that's what I felt.

Until we fell

Which by the way wasn't a pretty fall. It was nasty. And by nasty I mean really nasty. Literately. Jace tripped over this root and fell into a ditch. A ditch filled with animal waste. To sum it all up...we fell face first in poop.

"Oh my EWWWWWWWW"!!!!!!

There went Wink's sanity.

"Guys there's a partly fozen river a good 20 miles from here...I think we lost those wolves so let's go take this muck off ourselves".

We head off to the river and the whole way there Wink's rambling about fecal-oral route and cholera, which I am pretty sure has to do with the poop that may or may have not gone into her mouth. Though now that I think about it...it's pretty cold outside and right now the only thing keeping me warm is this surprising warm poop. But I don't think to much about it and keep walking. As we get to the river Wink goes full on dive mode and successfully hits herself on the head with a rock. We don't wash the twins since they didn't get dirty at all. Which makes me jealous. I have poop in my hair and in my ear. So I am pretty jelly at the skills those two have.

We laugh at her antics and start washing ourselves off. After washing we decide to camp out the night. So Jace gathers firewood and Wink lights it up creating a fire big enough to to already feel dry. But I suggest we hang our clothes to dry to not get hyperthermia. Jace begin the gentleman he is hangs his clothes and changes into mr.wolfie to not go around naked. Wink and I hang our clothes and take out blankets to cover ourselves. Thank god the backpacks didn't get to dirty , only some parts on the outside. I wrap the twins in blankets to and we all stay close together and close to the fire and sleep the night away using Jace as our pillow. He really big and warm.

Sleeping won't be a problem.

---------------------------------------------------------

I feel warm and cozy. I open my eyes to see the beautiful new morning . As I turn to look at my left I see the twins sleeping peacefully on Jace. I look to the left and gasp.

Wink is suspended 10 feet int the air and covered in blue fire. But her face is so calm and peaceful.

"Jace , wake up...like NOW"!

I shake Jace until he cracks one eye open.

"Wake up , something happened to Wink"

He groans and gives me a growl.

"Don't growl at me, I know your not a morning person , but this is serious...Wink is floating in mid air surrounded by blue fire"!

This makes Jace open both eyes and look at me. I point behind him to where Wink is. At the sight of Wink he quickly realizes that we have got a problem on our hands.

I take the twins and gently set them to the side. I pass Jace's clothes to him and turn away so he can change . As he finishes I see that Wink is starting to move. Jace notices too and approaches her. Though as soon as he does Wink turns into a ball of blue fire.

"WHY IS SHE A FLAMING BALL OF BLUE FIRE" I ask!?!?!

"HOW SHOULD I KNOW, YOU'RE HER BEST FRIEND"!!!!

We both watch in amazement and slight horror at the flaming ball of blue fire that was wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas wattpaders enjoy the holiday