Chapter 16

I stand there looking at his dead body.

I killed him.

Someone takes my hand and turns me around.

"Lizzy we have to go". It's Dracey. She pulls me towards the exit and out into the sunlight.

Sunlight

It's the very opposite of me. It's so pure and good. I knew this would happen some day. It's the very reason of why I live with such a cruel family. The social workers some how knew that I was a shadow lurker . They knew shadow lurkers are evil things that kill with wicked intentions and with ice cold eyes. The social workers thought that maybe if you could control one us , then maybe we wouldn't kill the innocent.

But they thought wrong.

A black Cadillac Escalade pulls up in front of me with Dracey in the drivers seat.

"Get in".

As soon as I close the door she takes off. I look at the scenery as she drives, trying to calm myself, but I'm still angry with Phillip and myself. Actually angry doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling. It's more the rage. It's like rage turned into a savage monster inside me and is seeking out for more bloodshed.

"Lizzy calm down". What happens to me next is unforgivable. I let out a hiss and feel my nails grow into claws. My eyesight becomes thermal.

And I lash out at Dracey. I reach out to slash at her face , but she thinks fast and throws her arm up to protect her and at the same time she is holding onto the wheel to drive. My claws cut into her skin and latch on.

However Dracey just keeps driving. Very calmly she stops the car on the side of the road. She looks into my eyes. There's no fear just understanding.

"Phillip is no good, he has killed more families than you can count, abused girls in our pack and all that just because he is the next in line to be the Alpha. He may just look like a really cruel teenager , but he's a monster and you did us all a favor".

Then very slowly my claws turn back into nails. However the thermal vision stays.

"Right now you look a little freaky and Awsome at the same time". She laughs softly before pulling out a hand mirror from her purse and giving it to me.

My eyes are red. Like blood red.

"Dracey would it be weird if I told you I was seeing things in thermal vision right now"?

Dracey just laughs and starts to drive again.

"I am so sorry"

"Lizzy right now that doesn't really bother me".

Dracey drives towards my house. We see Jace coming out and in each arm a twin. When he sees us he runs over in a slight hurry. He opens the back door of the car and places a twin in each of the car seats that Dracey had put there. Runs back into the house and returns with the bag I packed. He places it in the car and closes the door.

"Dracey the alpha is looking for Lizzy, they have her sent and in a few min. Will be here ready to kill her. I giving you a walkie talkie so if anything happens just press the button. All you have to do is drive north west all the way to Vancouver where we will meet. You have to get out of Arizona fast. I will be running in wolf form . If anything , make it all the way to Deep Creek Beach in Alaska. There's a private beach that my grandmother owns, here are the keys to the lighthouse she also owns".

He turns to look at me and sees my eyes. It looks like he wants to say something , but my vision is still thermal so I can't really tell.

"Go, and take care of Lizzy for me". He shifts and takes off running into the woods. Dracey starts driving. Before I know it we make it out of Arizona.