Chapter 21

Lizzy's P.O.V

Why aren't they waking up?

Someone or something is out there in the woods making noises and its creeping me out. After leading us to a small beach ,fireball Wink, turned back into a human and fell asleep on the spot. Jace and the twins followed , leaving me alone and awake. Trying to fall asleep while hearing noises is not the best idea.

There it is again! As if an animal were crying out .

Deciding that sitting here and doing nothing wasn't going to work , I get up and follow the sound.I walk into the woods that surround the small beach. The air is freaking cold and i cant really see anything. My hair gets caught in a branch five min. into the walk. Untangling the branch from my hair was going to take to long so I leave in my messy hair.

Then a sort of snap and a thud , rings out through the forest making me come to a stop. The crying gets even louder and the source of the crying now seems in bloodcurdling agony. Starting to continue my search , I notice a weird sort of furry lump behind a rock. The crying gets even louder as i approach the lump.

Turns out, as my vision focuses on the lump, the lump is a badly nourished a bear cub with its hind paw stuck in a leg-hold trap. Its was currently trying to chew its leg out to escape it. Nana got her hand caught in a leg-hold(she never told anyone how she got caught) and some random guy showed us how to get of one. I quickly take off my jacket and put it one the cubs head. It stops struggling long enough for me to press down on the springs on each side of the trap.

The trap opens so I carefully take out the bear's paw out. He's still crying just not as loud. I take him in my arms and fast walk back to the beach. As I lay him down on the sand , his crying starts to stop. I take his paw to inspect it. Its swollen , but i got him out in time.

The trap wasn't that effective , but it did do some damage. Not really knowing what to do , I cut a piece of my blanket and dip it in the freezing water . Then squezzing all the water out , i wrap the cloth on the cub's paw and place him near the fire Wink lit up about an hour ago. I lift my jacket from his head. All he does is stare at me. I'm prety sure a normal bear wouldn't do this . And where the heck is his mom?

THREE HOURS LATER

I can't fall asleep. Its like three in the moring and ...someone is laying on top of me. Its the baby cub! How the heck did he get on my chest without me knowing? Not wanting for the bear to eat my face off , I lay still . Well that's not going to work, he'll just wake up eventually and eat my face off. So quickly and quietly , I get out from under him and scoot three feet away from him. I start to get up and walk away when he opens one eye.

Dang it!

He opens his other eye and stares at me. I slowly walk away , thinking that his injured paw won't let him get up, when all of the sudden, he get up! What in the world happen to his so called injured paw! He is not a normal bear.

Once again , I start to walk away when he starts to walk towards me ...and then I run. What a stupid idea was that. I tripped over my own foot and the bear caught up and attack! At least that's what I thought he was going to do. As soon as I trip , all he did was jump on my chest and stare. That's when I got a close look at his eyes, they seemed to be changing colors. You wouldn't notice it at first , but his eyes were changing from black to brown to amber then golden.

What...the...heck?

I pick him up and stupidly ask him if he was a normal baby bear. He shakes his head as if saying no. I ask him if he's going to eat me? He shakes his head again. Then I ask him if he's hungry. He nods as if to say yes. Well that's good enough for me. I pull out some left over crackers and give them to him. Wait , is he even a him?

"Are you a boy or a girl"?

He stares. I guess he can only say yes or no.

"Are you a boy"?

He nods a yes.

"Well I can't fall asleep so I'm going to take a walk, care to join me"?

He nods yes. I giggle. I never thought I would have so much fun talking to a baby cub. I brush the sand off me and start to walk with the cub next to me. I start to think of names I could give him. I don't want to keep calling him the bear or him.

"Can I call you Pip"?

He gives the cutest little roar-ish sound. Taking it as a yes I decided his name will be Pip.

So for about me and Pip walk along the beach , me humming , and Pip trying to eat sand every once in a while. The beach kinda comes to a stop, meaning that if I were to keep walking I would walk straight into a huge cliff. Pip though keeps running and smashes head first into a rock he didn't see. I laugh and run over to see if he's okay. I pick him up and he snuggles his head into my neck. I turn around to head back when a high pitched scream stops me in my tracks. Pip lifts his head and looks around. He struggles in my hold so I set him down , only to see him start running again. Though this time around the rock he smashed his head in. As I follow him , I start to see weird marks in the sand. As if something were dragged and Pip seems to be heading straight into a cave were the thing was dragged into.

So here are my options. Follow Pip into the scary looking cave and pee in pants from scary it looks or ditch the bear and run screaming like a girl. Wait...I am a girl. Sighing I follow Pip.

We finally arrive at the mouth off the cave. And there's blood everywhere. Yep...this was a bad idea. So when screaming started again , instead of running way, I found myself walking into the cave.

"Shut up" hissed somebody, followed by more screaming. Pip started to make a noise which I think would be called growling.

"Just kill her already , I can't stand her screaming" said a second voice.

Uh oh.

That's when I start to make out shapes. I see exactly three. Two standing up and one on the ground...screaming. I turn to look at Pip and he's chewing on one of the shapes.

"What the hel-...there's a freaking bear here"!

"Well kill it"!

Nooooooooo.

One of the shapes takes Pip by the neck and throws him to where I am.

Red. Bloodlust. Kill them.

It's happening again.

I feel my body once again getting stronger faster , my nails turning claw-like. But this time I can kinda keep that anger and bloodlust in check. The thermal vision also came back.
So I rush towards one of the standing shapes and scratch at what I think is its legs. I tear through its skin ripping its flesh. Then going on to the next shape tearing through its arm I think.

It's only when Pip gives a weak roar that I stop. Both shapes turned out to be bald fat men, now all bloody and torn up. The third shape was not what I expected at all. It was a girl with a tail.

A mermaid.

She was crying and thrashing, her blonde hair dirty with I bet her own blood. And her tail...which I should be freaked out by was cut and stabbed . Her tail had jewels , but many of them were missing. I found them in a sack by one of the men , who by the way were calling for there mothers.

I approach her and she stops crying.

"Can you take me too the water" she says . Her aqua eyes pleading with all their might.

"Sure"

333333333333666666666666666777777777777777766666666233333332232323288888888999999999
And results are in .

The_color_of carmel

girlgonerouge

NerdyNessa

Leah12502

Lizbethleon4

Are in the new consulting group!!!!

Oh and thank tennesse13 for the amazing new cover