Chapter 2

Chapter 2

-Elizabeth get your lazy butt out of bed and make us some breakfast now-!

 Good morning to you to mother. What crawled up her butt and died. Too bad I can’t sleep in late like they do. You would think that if I was adopted it was because the people who adopted me wanted kids right? Apparently not. No these people wanted slaves and I am the number one slave. - Elizabeth-.

 -Coming I am coming-. Gosh do these people not have any respect for my dear beloved ears? I change out of my pjs and into some basketball shorts and a spaghetti strapped shirt. I run downstairs into our very expensive kitchen and make breakfast for about twenty people not including me. Toss about forty eggs over here and forty slices ham over there and wooala, breakfast is served.

Come and get them I yell quickly and run back up stairs. One thing I did learn is that you do not want to get in the way of a stampede of twenty mostly overweight people that have just gotten up. Even the stampede in Jumanji would be jealous.

 After the stampede goes into the kitchen I slowly make my way into the room at the end of the big house. The baby’s room. I walk silently and make my way over there. I get lost about two times, but that’s only because we all just moved in.

 After a while I find what I am looking for, a door with blue birds hand painted on it. I turn the knob and as soon as I do the first wave of crying and smell hits me. –sshh little ones I am here no need to be making a fuss- I say. That only seems to stop the crying, but for real who the heck put a fart bomb in here. Maybe it’s the babies but they don’t do there business until after I come from school. I reach down into a crib and lift out Manny, the smallest of all the babies here.

-Hey Manny want your milk-? Well of course he wants his milk, but if I ask they stop crying and laugh. And as always Manny starts laughing. After I feed him I move onto the twins. Elaine and Eli are the cutest babies I have ever seen.

They both have dark raven blue hair and pale skin. Their eyes are a dark brown just like mine. And they both have the cutest set of pinky lips. They would almost look like me except I think I have dark brown hair and I’ve never actually seen my lips.

 The twins are my favorite but I don’t know why. I feel as if we came from the same mother, but every time I ask about my parents both my adoptive parents go make me clean something.

Though I think I know the reason why I feel like the twins and me are related. The same reason of why I can’t see myself in the mirror and of why I can’t see my shadow. The same reason of why I have always liked being in the dark. It’s probably the same reason of why Elaine, Eli, and I are all Shadow Lurkers.