Chapter 22

I put my hands under her armpits and start to drag. She cringes when sand and bits of rocks get in her open cuts. However not once does she complain. Pip got up as I passed by him. He jumped up actually as if the kick he got did nothing to hurt him.  I wonder if he is some mutant baby bear dumped in radioactive waste when he was born. Which reminds me to that my thermal vision hasn't cleared up yet. It doesn't until Pip starts to get curious.

Pip first sniffs the mermaids tail. Huh. I wonder if she has a name?

"Huhhh do you have a name"?

" Sam"

That's something you don't see everyday. A mermaid named Sam. Light starts to shine through the dark as we get near the mouth of the cave. The sun is still bearly coming up . Sam starts thrashing when she hears the waves crashing on the rocks. I drag her a little faster which cause her to get even more excited.

Finally out of the cave , I see Sam clearly now. Even though she's caked in blood  ,cut and I think stabbed, she looks beautiful. Through the blood on her , I see traces of grey and sliver.

The water starts to reach Sam , but I drag her a bit more. As soon as I'm waist deep in the freaking ice cold water , I let go and watch as Sam dive and quickly goes under the waves to who knows where. However , a voice calls out hen I turn around to walk back to shore. I look back to see Sam . She looks completely healed and a bit glowly (is that even a word?). Her hair looks golden and Her skin looks so soft making me want to wonder what kind of underwater body lotion she uses. Her eyes are big and round and blue or should I say aqua. Her pearly white smile.makes me feel all warm and sunny inside.

Sam swims towards towards me and as she does I get a gismpes at her tail which is sliver. Sam drags herself onto the sand and I get to see her tail better. It starts out a glittery sliver and as you look down her tail you notice that the sliver starts to go a bit dark and look a bit grey. Those jewels tha were cut off her tail seem to have grown back.

"Thank you for your help with those awful humans,they were planning to cut off all my moonshine stones and selling them. They were also going to keep me as a pet". Sam's soft hypnotic voice makes me feel mad at those men. But at least now she is safe.

" so mermaids are real huh" I say.

" they are very well alive and in hidding. The only reason I came to the surface was to get away from those mean ellas picking on me" she says with a sigh. I guess there is even underwater bullying too.

" What's an Ella"?

"Well mermai-...are you going to tell someone about me"?

" don't worry , the only one I'm going to be able to tell is Pip". Where the heck is Pip anyway?

" whose Pip"?

" A bear cub who was actually the who lead me to you".

"Oh...any who , in the ocean mermaids are separated into ranks. On the bottom are the mermaids with only the power to hypnotize. Next the ones who can control water. Then there are ellas. Ellas are mermaids that were born with a certain underwater animal spirit. Last are the royals which rule over the ocean and can call storms".

" OK then what rank are you" I ask?

"I am the Ella of sharks(A.N-i really really REALLY like sharks)and ellas with the spirit of a predatory animal are treated like scum".

" Why can't you just send some sharks to go kick there butts"?" That's just plain wrong. If anything you should be picking on them , not the other way around"!!!!!

Sam chuckles quietly before saying that it would be against the order to pick on ellas with a lesser spirit animal. She then explains that the order is a set of rules to keep peace.

"Isn't there a rule about you not begin able to talk to humans"?

" well you did save my life and the rule is that when you save a mermaid , the mermaid becomes a loyal friend and she has to give you a gift"!

" oh you don't have to give me a gift"!

" I actually want to" she says before lifting a hand to revel a ring. The risky.is a shark made of sliver marbel(A.N-just pretend like something like that exists) and wraps around your finger. Its eyes are a black gem.

" I can't accept this" I start to say when Sam takes my hand and slips on the ring.I watch in amazement when the ring starts to move as if the shark were real until it settles down and closes its eyes. The ring seems to have fallen asleep.

" Blessed be and when ever you need me , just wake up the shark by tickling its side...I mean you did just save my life. " Sam says before dragging herself into the water .

Pip takes this time to show up and sit beside me. We stay like that for a while and watch as the sun makes its way into the sky