Chapter 24

Wink's P.O.V

We're almost there, I can feel it. My body feels as if its going to erupt into flames again. I can tell the heat coming from my body is kinda alarming Jace , but he doesn't say anything. My hand are tingling , but Eli is fast asleep so I don't think I'm hurting him in any way.

I close my eyes. I see flashes of the place of where we need to go. It's sort of an old abandoned temple by the look of it. Vines cover almost every inch of the remains and the left side of the roof collapsed. Inside the temple though, I can't see anything, but I know that what we need, is inside.

It's something important, I just know it. However if we don't get there soon, then something or someone else is going to beat us to it.

I just don't know what.

Suddenly I feel it. We're here, at the temple.

Jace comes to a stop and both me and Lizzy hop off. I tell Lizzy not to set Elaine down yet. The temple is as big as I expected.

"Guys, this is the place. Now all we have to do is get whatever is inside then go straight to Deep Creek Alaska".

"What do we have have to find"says Lizzy.

"Honestly, I have no idea, but whatever it is, we have to find it before they do" I tell her.

"Who is they " she asks?

"I don't know Lizzy, but what I do know is that we have to do this quickly".

I turn around and look at them. Jace is still in wolf form, a bit dirty and mangled, while Lizzy looks like she's been through hell...twice. They both look at me, all tired and worn out. Yet there eyes say a different story. I even take a look at the small bear sleeping inside Lizzy's shirt.

"You guys trust me right" I ask?

"100%"says Lizzy. Jace nods his head. I smile. "Well then, come on"!

As we walk towards the temple, the twins disappear and Lizzy trips a tree root. I giggle as she scowls at me. Jace sniffs around first before nodding and heading in. Me and Lizzy follow close behind.

The inside of the temple looks pretty much the same as the outside. Vines growing up the broken down and cumbling walls. The sun is shining through the cracks and a few bugs are crawling around.

"What the heck happened here"says Lizzy. No one answers ,probably because no one knows.

Jace suddenly runs to the center of the room and scratches the ground. He found something! Lizzy and I run over and start to remove the blocks and the ruble(Jace lost his clothes back in Canada so he can't help us unless he wants to help us naked).

Lizzy looks around and finds a study branch. She begins to hit the ground and as soon as she does, the branch bounces back with a loud pang. She looks at both me and Jace before she gets on her knees and begins digging with her hands.

A few seconds pass before she digs up a a handle on a metal surface, which I am guessing is a metal chest. We both look at jace, neither one is strong enough to pull that out of the ground.

Well both laugh before we turn our backs on him. I hear him shift back. He grunts a little as he tries to take out the chest out of the ground. I hear him pull it out on his first try. As he shifts back we turn around and study the chest. The bear resting in Lizzy's shirt wakes up and hops out. He yawns and stretches. Then he walks towards the chest and jumpes on it. He lifts his right paw and barley touches the chest before it starts glowing gold and pops open, throwing the bear off. Lizzy laughs at him and picks him up. He crawls into her chest again and falls asleep again.

"What did he do to the chest " I ask Lizzy.

"I have no idea" she says. She puts her hands into the chest and pulls out a big book. Jace sniffs the air and starts to growl.

I feel life forms getting closer to where we are. Werewolves.

"We need to get out of here" says Lizzy.

"Surrounded"says Jace in our mind.

The twins show up. Lizzy gives Elaine to me and keeps Eli.

"Grab my hand and Jace, bite a bit of my jeans". We both do we she says. She tucks the book under her arm.

"This is going to hurt"she says to herself. I get a bit worried.

"Jace I need you to put I my mind an image of the place your taking us, and whatever happened, neither of you should let go".

A wolf comes in as soon as Lizzy finished talking . His eyes widen and he jumps to attack. However he never got to us, we were long gone.