Chapter 23

Lizzy's P.O.V
The sun slowly rises and soon the whole forest wakes up. Well not really since its freaking cold out here and I guess most animals should be hibernating. Which makes me wonder what the heck is Pip doing awake.

"Shouldn't you be in a cave, sleeping"?

Pip just shakes his head saying no. I guess nature has its own share of weirdos too. I get up from the cold ground and brush off the snow on my jeans. I walk back to Jace and the others while Pip nips at my jeans.

As I reach camp, I see the twins are gone doing god know what. Me being the responsible guardian just shrug it off and think that they can take care of themselves.

...yep...so responsible.

Sooooo moving on, I wonder what the heck is Wink doing? It seems that she covered herself in snow. Probably trying her best not to burst into flames. After all she did almost burn the whole forest down coming here. So far the snow covering her hasn't melted. Then I look to Jace who at the moment looks like an oversized fluffy wolf.

Pip, as soon as he saw Jace, ran over and snuggled in comfortably in Jace's soft fur.

It's been a long night and I still haven't slept that much so I followed Pip's example and fell asleep using Jace as a pillow.

Jace's P.O.V

I felt Lizzy lay her head on me. She just got back and she brought that bear cub she saved.

As soon as she first got up, I followed. I too heard the wailing , but decided to just watch from afar when Lizzy tried to get the cub out of the trap. The scent of death followed him. When I went to investigate , I found the body of his mother shot near a river. Apparently hunters got to her, which would explain the trap that the cub got caught in.

Then I quickly ran back, still in wolf form back to camp and pretended to be asleep, though I don't know why. The second time Lizzy got up, I followed her again to a cave. Though I only came up to the mouth of the cave. I saw Lizzy drag someone to the water , but I couldn't see whom it was. And since there wasn't a place to hide, I ran back to camp and pretended to be asleep until Lizzy and the cub got back.

Now that they are sleeping and not out and about , I can finally get some rest. Though I doubt that I will be able to sleep for long. The sun is already rising. Maybe if I close my eyes for just a...few...minutes...

"GET UP, HURRY UP WE ARE GOING TO MISS IT"

What the hell?

"I heard that Jace" says Lizzy in my mind. She's scowling at me. I smile a little. I still can't get used to the fact that I have a mind-link with a human, at least she's somewhat of a human I think. Wink gets up and walks to some bushes and changes into her now dry clothes. Lizzy does the same and I start to get up and stretch. I have a lot of running to do.

I finally realize that we are two people short. The twins are gone!

"Lizzy the twins"! Ouch, that hurt. My head started pounding as soon as I tried to talk to her through the link. This hasn't happened before. But Lizzy started talking out loud that the twins were fine and there was nothing to worry about.

Though I still feel worried. The girls though , arent really bothered.

After packing and getting ready to leave, the twins suddenly showed up behind some trees laughing and smiling. Lizzy quickly grabs them and hands Eli to Wink and keeps Elaine. I start to trott as soon as she and Wink each get settled. Pip settles in Lizzy chest. I shake my head and smile the best I could in wolf form.

As Wink gives instructions to where I need to go...not before long I start to think...who the heck was Lizzy dragging into the water?